Premarket After-market For ThinkOrSwim

Noticed that you've been asking this question several times across more than one different thread. Did you not see my response I posted here?

https://usethinkscript.com/threads/custom-indicator-in-watchlist-opening-range.1457/#post-13525
I spent quite some time looking into the code you provided, and even wrote a separate standalone study to confirm that, there's absolutely nothing wrong with your premarket high/low code that you posted here.

https://usethinkscript.com/threads/custom-indicator-in-watchlist-opening-range.1457/

@BenTen I think this is a great indicator but for some reason on the low of premarket its not actually plotting the lowest bar/candlestick? also...is there a way to plot the open and close of the very first bar/candlestick? Thanks in advance. good stuff!

@Tally Since @BenTen may not have an opportunity to respond to your query, I looked into the issue you pointed out. Several studies were shared above. My assumption is that you are referring to post #3 above. Looking through the code I can ascertain that it certainly is capturing the high/low of the premarket.

To convince yourself, run the following code on a 1 minute chart of say /ES or whatever equity you're tracking. This was extracted from post#3 and modified slightly to display the GlobeX/overnight period. A reading of 1 denotes the premarket period. Personally I see no issues here. This is always the best way to see if the period under consideration is correct or not.

Code:
declare lower;
plot GlobeX = GetTime() < RegularTradingStart(GetYYYYMMDD());

Hi @korygill - I picked up on this premarket Hilo code you built. Awesome.... Is there a way to add a marker or bubble input to it.... just so it can be identified in the midst of multiple lines on a chart?

Try this update to put a chart bubble on each line.

rSZuRf8.png

Code:
#
# see https://usethinkscript.com/threads/how-to-get-current-days-premarket-high.695/
#
declare once_per_bar;

input PlotPreMktLinesHrsPastOpen = yes;
input ShowChartBubbles = yes;

def bar = BarNumber();
def nan = Double.NaN;
def vHigh = high;
def vLow = low;

def PMhrs = RegularTradingStart (GetYYYYMMDD()) > GetTime();
def RMhrs = RegularTradingStart (GetYYYYMMDD()) < GetTime();
def PMStart = RMhrs[1] and PMhrs;
def PMHigh = CompoundValue(1, if PMStart then vHigh else if PMhrs then Max(vHigh, PMHigh[1]) else PMHigh[1], 0);
def PMLow = CompoundValue(1, if PMStart then vLow else if PMhrs then Min(vLow, PMLow[1]) else PMLow[1], 0);
def highBar = if PMhrs and vHigh == PMHigh then bar else nan;
def lowBar = if PMhrs and vLow == PMLow then bar else nan;
def PMHighBar = if bar == HighestAll(highBar) then PMHigh else PMHighBar[1];
def PMLowBar = if bar == HighestAll(lowBar) then PMLow else PMLowBar[1];

plot PMH =  if PlotPreMktLinesHrsPastOpen and PMHighBar != 0
            then PMHighBar
            else nan;
plot PML =  if PlotPreMktLinesHrsPastOpen and PMLowBar != 0
            then PMLowBar
            else nan;
plot PMMid = if PlotPreMktLinesHrsPastOpen and PMHighBar != 0 and PMLowBar != 0
             then (PMHighBar + PMLowBar) / 2
             else nan;

AddChartBubble(ShowChartBubbles and bar == HighestAll(highBar),
  PMHigh,
  "PM High",
  Color.Gray,
  1);

AddChartBubble(ShowChartBubbles and bar == HighestAll(lowBar),
  PMLow,
  "PM Low",
  Color.Gray,
  0);

AddChartBubble(ShowChartBubbles and bar == Max(HighestAll(highBar), HighestAll(lowBar)),
  (PMHighBar + PMLowBar) / 2,
  "PM Mid",
  Color.Gray,
  1);

# end of script

Thanks @korygill - appreciate it. Can we however have an additional input on where to place the bubble? Something like a "distance from last candle" input..... which allows us input a value and it places the chart bubble where we want it... either to the left,right or center?

@BenTen is there a way to put this in a scan for the 15 min chart a candle close above the pre market high ? and a close below pre market low Thanks

Last edited:
@Buckbull You would want something like “close crosses above or below pre-market high or low”. Depending on what you need.

Hello,

Is there a script that draws a horizontal current price (including pre-market & post-market price) line on a chart that has extended hours off?
Possibly something that uses the last price to plot the line?

Thank you.

First of all, thank you very much for the indicator @BenTen, was furiously looking for this. I was wondering if there is a way to plot the indicator for all the previous days on the chart? It would be very helpful to backtest visually. Thank you once again.

I wanted to scan for stocks above Premarket High based on the post below that plots the indicator and came up with the following which doesn't pull any stocks when creating a Custom Study scan:

Code:
input PlotPreMktLinesHrsPastOpen = 0;

def PMhrs = RegularTradingStart (GetYYYYMMDD()) > GetTime();
def RMhrs = RegularTradingStart (GetYYYYMMDD()) < GetTime();
def PMStart = RMhrs[1] and PMhrs;
def PMHigh = CompoundValue(1, if PMStart then high else if PMhrs then Max(high, PMHigh[1]) else PMHigh[1], 0);
def bar = BarNumber();
def highBar = if PMhrs and high == PMHigh then bar else Double.NaN;
def PMHighBar = if bar == HighestAll(highBar) then PMHigh else PMHighBar[1];

plot PMH =  close > PMHighBar;
Any help greatly appreciated!

plot PMH = close > PMHighBar; Rethink what you are plotting? Does this even plot?
Not a coder by any means and barely crawling at that horserider, it doesnt plot and hence why want to learn why as the indicator is correct to what I want it to do (or look for) but looking for help or guidance to learn

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.