How to Add Renko Candles to ThinkorSwim Chart?

M

mo2020

Hello can anyone code Renko candles Thanks

Last edited:
BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
Renko chart is already available inside ThinkorSwim.

To enable it:
  1. Click on chart's Settings
  2. Select Time axis
  3. Under Aggregation Type > Range
  4. Pick Renko Bars under Range type.

Last edited:
S

San

2019 Donor
@BenTen, When i select Renko chart some of the indicator not working like l Support and resistance, Please advice...

Last edited:
BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@San I believe some indicators will not work with Renko charts. That could be the case.

Last edited:
J

jjclay

@San I believe some indicators will not work with Renko charts. That could be the case.
Is it possible to modify the Support and Resistance script so that it does work on Renko charts?

2sureshk

How to add RENKO chart with ATR instead of time or number of tickets?
Is this a valid scenario?

My point is to trade based on ATR instead of tick / time for accuracy

Thx
Suresh

horserider

horserider

VIP
Settings , Time Axis , Aggregation type : Range, Price range : ATR, Range type: Renko Bars

2sureshk

Settings , Time Axis , Aggregation type : Range, Price range : ATR, Range type: Renko Bars
Thank you , I will try .
Do you see this as a good setup? Please share feedback if you used as part of trading

2sureshk

I tried ATR but there is no option as Range type as RENKO bars.

If someone setup or custom code available Please let me know

M

Miket

Does anyone here use Renko Bars and if so what type of indicators have you paired with them?

fcastrof

fcastrof

VIP
Somebody can help me to plot the high and the low of the last RENKO bar of premarket. Thanks in advance!

T

Thomas

Does anyone here use Renko Bars and if so what type of indicators have you paired with them?
One or two videos on YouTube explain the importance of setting the Renko Bars,....depending on what's being traded, ETf, futures, stock...

S

SilverWolf

I paper trade them with 5 ticks on a 1 day chart. I like 7, 60, 40 close settings for the RSI, and the TrueMomentumOcsillator with default settings. http://tos.mx/yXqNwi here is what I look for: bullish= rsi above 60, Oscillator in the red, and price movement up on the Renkos with at least 3 hollow green bars before I enter a trade. For bearish = rsi below 40, Oscillator in the green, and price movement down with at least 3 solid red bars.

This is better than 50% successful and fun watching the renkos paint.. no wicks! edit: Oh yeah I also use the Slim Ribbon Indicator. https://tos.mx/zbybTc

Last edited:
A

Antares66

I tried ATR but there is no option as Range type as RENKO bars.

If someone setup or custom code available Please let me know
I couldn´t find, where to set up renko with an ATR 14. In tos are only tick settings possible, or am i wrong?