Hotkeys Order Exit in ThinkorSwim

Pipmonster

Pipmonster

Hey guys.. I am new to forum and glad that I discovered this...

My question is this, I am looking to see if there is a way to place hotkey orders in TOS? So let me explain:

What I want to be able to do is add my remainder shares at entry price with using a set of hotkeys. I purchase a particular equity at let's say, $2/share. The stock moves to $2.50 and I sell 3/4 of my position. Is it possible for me to use a set of hotkeys, SHIFT + P to then place a stop order automatically at my entry price of $2 and it shows on the ActiveTrader?

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
In ThinkorSwim, go to Setup (top right hand corner) > Application Settings... > Hot keys

Did you check there yet?

Pipmonster

Pipmonster

@BenTen I did check there but there is nothing there. I know this is possible to write in the software such as DAS Pro etc but I don't see how it can be accomplished in TOS.

Pipmonster

Pipmonster

@BenTen Ross Cameron at Warrior Trader uses this style of trading through Lightstream platform. I guess the question I am asking, can you write scripts for the hotkeys in TOS?

M

mikehag

Would love to hear the response if anyone can do this

B

Bubamalicious

This is a great site. Has anyone figured out a script that can enable more advanced sink or swim hotkeys yet? Is it even possible to apply scripts to hotkeys?

rad14733

rad14733

VIP
I'm wondering too. Anyone figure this out?
It is not possible in TOS... Hotkeys only do what they do and you can't modify them to use custom logic... They are merely shortcuts to existing functionality...

P

pranaman

hmm, ok, is there a way to program functionality, or use scripts, variations of what I see on active trader?

rad14733

rad14733

VIP
hmm, ok, is there a way to program functionality, or use scripts, variations of what I see on active trader?
Can you explain a bit more in depth as I'm not understanding what it is you're asking... We can't "make" TOS do anything it isn't capable of doing and what I think you are asking is if we can "force" TOS to behave in a manner that the program itself isn't capable of... We can write scripts to manipulate and extrapolate information from existing data but we have no way to make the underlying program itself function beyond what the developers provide us... Hotkeys are part of the program, not data that we can manipulate... So both the short and long answer to what I believe your question to be is "No!"...