HOT ZONE - RSI with IV Percentile: Buy Stock or Sell Put Options Signal

T

tutianlong

VIP
i got a question on this for the lower indicator. If i want to be alerted with an arrow but only if the next data point after the yellow dot is not a yellow dot, how do i code? For example

Monday - Red-dot
Tuesday - Yellow-dot
Wednesday - No dot
Thursday - Show arrow

* No need, i managed to code it *

Last edited:
chewie76

chewie76

VIP
I typically use 30 min and 1 hr timeframe. Try that.

@lowtrade Try to scan for the dots, not the upsignal.

@barbaros 30 min and 1 hr.

Last edited by a moderator:
wtf_dude

wtf_dude

Just realized while experimenting with this that the hotzone basically moves like an inverted WilliamsVixFix. Just eyeballing, not even looking at the calculation of either.

Last edited:
technicallydreaming

technicallydreaming

For some reason this indicator often gives opposite signals for me on various timeframes. Eg. a down arrow right before a large move up. I must be doing something wrong.

wtf_dude

wtf_dude

For some reason this indicator often gives opposite signals for me on various timeframes. Eg. a down arrow right before a large move up. I must be doing something wrong.
Let us know what you're seeing on what time frames? Where are the issues? May be you but might also just be a kink that needs to be worked out as a group.

technicallydreaming

technicallydreaming

This is the 950 tick had similar false signals on the 1min 15min, 1 hour. @wtf_dude

chewie76

chewie76

VIP
@technicallydreaming It's been in such a strong bullish trend, it's the same thing as the RSI, it's staying high.

lowtrade

lowtrade

VIP
@chewie76 Would you mind sharing the scan for hot dots? I was not getting anything with my scan?

wtf_dude

wtf_dude

@chewie76 Would you mind sharing the scan for hot dots? I was not getting anything with my scan?
Its the scan he already shared. You just have to change what its scanning for in the condition wizard popup menu. By default it's scanning for the up arrows if I remember correctly

chewie76

chewie76

VIP
Its the scan he already shared. You just have to change what its scanning for in the condition wizard popup menu. By default it's scanning for the up arrows if I remember correctly
The scan I shared looks for any of the following....yellow dot, red dot, arrow. You should get everything. Thanks!

wtf_dude

wtf_dude

The scan I shared looks for any of the following....yellow dot, red dot, arrow. You should get everything. Thanks!
Oh I know, I was saying you can change it to anything. By default if you just load it up, I think the pre-selected option is the up arrow?

Last edited:
chewie76

chewie76

VIP
Oh I know, I was saying you can change it to anything. By default if you just load it up, I think the pre-selected option is the up arrow
The scan on first page shows stocks with yellow dots, red dots and arrows.

T

Tiredoflosing

VIP
is it possible to get this to work on range charts?

chewie76

chewie76

VIP
Just tried the RSI line study and i can`t see Hotzone, dots or arrows. All i see is the lines. What am i missing here? Tried it on several different timeframes
I'm not sure, it works fine for me. Did you get it to work?

chewie76

chewie76

VIP
This indicator seems to be good but I'm finding very few stocks or none including all sectors using the scan. Is this just me or are you guys having the same issue?

Try the 4 hr or less timeframe. That will give more signals. The daily or weekly will give signals when there are major pullbacks.

Reactions: xad
T

Thomas

Here's a chart share, columns are set up once the "Share column," import, looks good, but trying to add a momo filter
into the buy scan and producing no results.....playing with "Within " signal, but no results, no hot dots,.............. chart https://tos.mx/0ApipWb scan https://tos.mx/m0ffSnV
Curious if you wrote TOSIndicator,.......thought the site was exciting,...lost interest...

Last edited:
chewie76

chewie76

VIP
Here's a chart share, columns are set up once the "Share column," import, looks good, but trying to add a momo filter
into the buy scan and producing no results.....playing with "Within " signal, but no results, no hot dots,.............. chart https://tos.mx/0ApipWb scan https://tos.mx/m0ffSnV
Curious if you wrote TOSIndicator,.......thought the site was exciting,...lost interest...
Thomas, I loaded your chart and I see everything I would expect.

You are only scanning for arrows on a daily chart which would be rare to find. Use the scan on page 1. It will scan for everything. Or just add them in.