Order Flow Questions

febreezus

Is there anything like a map of level II market depth (standing orders) available for ToS? Or is it not possible to get this info in thinkscript? I'm envisioning basically a plot of the standing orders like you can get with Level II, but plotted to the right of a candle chart, to give a visual sense of where the standing orders are clustered.

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

Is it possible to make an indicator that tracks historical order follow bid/ask size and project it instead of chart like bookmap? I use active trader (dom) with volume and trade count but was looking to see if its possible to track that order flow and record and project it on the chart like cloud or heat map
Thanks

Lots of discussions about adding these types of features to TOS. No definitive answers to date. Some Day traders love and rely on "order flow" and if it is really important to you, you can always check out Jigsaw. I'm sure there are others.You'll have to pay for it, but if it makes you money, the expense is minor.

https://www.jigsawtrading.com

https://www.trusted-broker-reviews.com/order-flow-trading/

Google "Order Flow" for other suggestions

anyone have this indicators order flow on ninja trader?

0__05f9ec4edd13c7.jpg

If you want Footprint charts, i recommend Sierracharts. TOS doesn´t have access to real bid/ask data so it´s impossible to build indicators that reflects the actual transacted volume at each price level.

Bookmap is just another way of showing where passive liquidity is positioned in the books. For transacted volume that took place, footprints is the way to go.

If you want Footprint charts, i recommend Sierracharts. TOS doesn´t have access to real bid/ask data so it´s impossible to build indicators that reflects the actual transacted volume at each price level.

Bookmap is just another way of showing where passive liquidity is positioned in the books. For transacted volume that took place, footprints is the way to go.
There IS kinda a version on TradingView... the layout isn't as nice... but I'd imagine T.V. is much cheaper than Sierracharts.

There IS kinda a version on TradingView... the layout isn't as nice... but I'd imagine T.V. is much cheaper than Sierracharts.
Yeah i´ve seen it but it has some limitations because tradingview doesn´t provide historical bid/ask data so everytime a new symbol is loaded or browser/script is reloaded, the previous symbol data is lost but yeah, it´s a cheaper alternative for anyone who wants to try footprints.

Sierra is IMO a nightmare to set up and the learning curve for the software is very high so it took me a good while to set everything up the way i wanted and i had to reach out to other more experienced Sierra users for guidance. But once everything was set up, the charting worked great and you have all historical data saved as well for analysis.

There´s this new platform which i found recently called GoCharting which is all web based. They currently have a beta site which has orderflow tools even for stocks like footprints, imbalance and cluster layouts. Pretty cool!

Yeah i´ve seen it but it has some limitations because tradingview doesn´t provide historical bid/ask data so everytime a new symbol is loaded or browser/script is reloaded, the previous symbol data is lost but yeah, it´s a cheaper alternative for anyone who wants to try footprints.

Sierra is IMO a nightmare to set up and the learning curve for the software is very high so it took me a good while to set everything up the way i wanted and i had to reach out to other more experienced Sierra users for guidance. But once everything was set up, the charting worked great and you have all historical data saved as well for analysis.

There´s this new platform which i found recently called GoCharting which is all web based. They currently have a beta site which has orderflow tools even for stocks like footprints, imbalance and cluster layouts. Pretty cool!
Sweet! I'll check it out... REALLY interested in trading using Footprints... Weird, I logged in on website, and there is NOTHING, can't bring up a stock, only some crypto...

Last edited: