High and Low Reversals Indicator + Day Trading Strategy

T

Thomas

@gooseyCA I think I posted a scan? Read through the threads......

@zachlovescoffee The is a one minute setting,.....made for futures,........make a chart,....watch movements to understand how it works, there may be notes attached inside code..........l

T

Thomas

This is awesome, thanks much. Question if you don't mind. How can I get an alert when the candle indicates a reversal is coming (ie, it turns cyan or magenta). Also, is there a way to scan for this?
You will have to create the alert.....I no have one...

U

ukd1506

I did get call alerts including the one I traded JNJ at 9:55 am 1/17/2019 today as attached. It should still be visible in your TOS as I still see it.

Regarding alerts, I use TOS "Market Watch" ->Alerts feature and created study-based alert for this high-low reversal indicator for a list of optional stocks/ETFs I am interested in. Then TOS will send me text messages, email and app push notifications. This way, I don't have to stare at the screen all the time. If you google TOS scan alert, you will see how you can set it up in TOS very simple.
Hello - do you have a steps to create a alert for this? I tried din't work.

U

ukd1506

@ukd1506 Hello Ben - I can't see the Up/Down arrows in ToS Mobile app? this will not work in TOS APP?

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@ukd1506 I don't know, I don't think so. But you can always load it on your mobile app and see.

A

adii800

Is there a version that does not repaint, I would love that!

D

Deepa

Hello @Chenthy73, Thanks for letting us know about how studies can be used as alerts. unfortunately, I am not able to set an alert (for this particular) from the online tutorials. It would be great if you can make a video of how you used this indicator to set the alerts!!! Thanks,!!!

D

Deepa

@Chenthy73 Amazing analysis. That's correct and I agreed with you. I use this for SPY and other big tech names. I would avoid day trading anything with a wide spread altogether.
Hello Ben, I see the above script is for Regular Trading Hours to find High and Low Reversals.
Can you kindly help to find the High and Low reversal during extended hours too, so it can be used for Futures trading too and used as custom scan.
Thanks so much!

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@Deepa This indicator will only work during market hours. You may have to modify the code. Even then, I don't know if it will work for the futures market.

D

Deepa

Saved these scanners as a watchlist, but it seems to only trigger on Down Arrows. I have extended hours turned on for all charts. Is there a scanner for Up Arrows?
@BenTen : yes, even I tested this, and seeing alerts only for Down arrows. Can you kindly share the scan that includes alerts for up arrows too.

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@gbears96 @Deepa Up arrows are only visible if you have extended hours enabled on your chart. Use the code posted on page #1 and watch the video from this thread.

G

gbears96

@gbears96 @Deepa Up arrows are only visible if you have extended hours enabled on your chart. Use the code posted on page #1 and watch the video from this thread.
@BenTen The issue is getting the watchlist to alert you when an ArrowUP stock is added to the list. As of now, it only alerts on ArrowDN. This is not the same as the getting the up arrows to show up on the charts with the Extended Hours turned on. There are no issues seeing the arrows. I just need an alert that triggers when one of the stocks in my watchlist triggers an ArrowUP. Can you help?

@Tesh01 Here is the scanner

5min: https://tos.mx/7LPlbl

15min: https://tos.mx/NqObqK
@BenTen In the scanner filter, there is this line of code:

hiloreversal()."ArrowDN" is true within 3 bars

For some reason, it won't let me even save it once I opened the source code. The "OK" button is grayed out. Any idea as to why?

Last edited by a moderator:
U

ukd1506

Saved these scanners as a watchlist, but it seems to only trigger on Down Arrows. I have extended hours turned on for all charts. Is there a scanner for Up Arrows?

How to save scanners as a watchlist? May I know the steps you followed.

U

ukd1506

Hello,

Could someone please list a steps to create an alerts to cell phone as mentioned user: Chenthy73.

I tried to do but keep failing.

U

ukd1506

Hello Ben/Team,

I'm watching NFLX on 5 mins chart, it shows down arrow for 1 mint and disappeared, after down/up arrow do I need to wait for any confirmation to take position?

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@ukd1506 This indicator will repaint, it is similar to the trend reversal indicator. Both uses the ZigZag function. If the signal is wrong it will disappear regardless if you wait for the candle to close or not.