Hidden MACD Divergence Indicator for ThinkorSwim (Bullish / Bearish Signals)

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@Trading51 I don't have much experience with that indicator, not sure if I would be able to explain it to you.

J

Juxtapose

VIP
Would you share your lower Another indicator and MACD and how you have it showing the to buy and sell price?

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@Juxtapose MACD should be the default indicator in ToS. Now sure which which buy and sell are you referring to?

J

Juxtapose

VIP
@Juxtapose MACD should be the default indicator in ToS. Now sure which which buy and sell are you referring to?
it's the bottom of this video. He has in red and green of sell @ and Buy @

S

Simteaz

2019 Donor
Thank you @BenTen this thing is fire. I followed It Along with TTM squeeze and it’s 99% accurate on spy and closed the position with $1700. Was up $3200 then I stepped away and bam it dropped.

J

Juxtapose

VIP
Thank you @BenTen this thing is fire. I followed It Along with TTM squeeze and it’s 99% accurate on spy and closed the position with $1700. Was up $3200 then I stepped away and bam it dropped.
Which divergence did you use? This or the original?

S

Simteaz

2019 Donor
Someone please slap for being idiot again today... 1051 PL to 83 At close. Divergence is 100% accurate after the first 2-3 red arrow down and green arrow up. Definitely banging big tomorrow.

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@Simteaz Did you just say you went from 1051 in profit to 83? Woah, what happen?

J

Juxtapose

VIP
i too tried the divergence with IWM. It works quite well and i was able to simulate the buy/sell point on paper trade. I've actually entered a buy order at the last 5 minutes as it shows a double bottom. looking for another nice gap up tomorrow.

J007RMC

J007RMC

2019 Donor
VIP
I loaded up a watchlist using the macd, and ma cross 5/10/20 then ran a scan for divergence and saved the scan as such. I load up the divergence scan-and look for two lights to agree either green or red. It seems quite effective and matches the macd divergence chart. Note: the divergence both red and green are effective as well

J007RMC

J007RMC

2019 Donor
VIP
This is an amazing indicator I had a chance to use it last two days for 5/5, plus 70% and counting.

H

hexis777

hi there, please, Where do I find the study called "MACD_Div_Upper" that is used in the video (Jul 26, 2019) to create the custom Watchlists?

H

hexis777

hi friends.
Where I find the video or script that is used in the "scan" option of TOS to combine the 2 studies "Hidden MACD Divergence Indicator for ThinkorSwim (Bullish / Bearish Signals)" and "RSI Divergence Indicator with Scanner for ThinkorSwim", that is, I would like to have a watchlist which shows the stocks when the 2 studies (Divergence MACD and Divergence RSI) show the same divergence both above and below, because when used both do not show or indicate the same divergence :/

M

mrmac

VIP
Hi, I recently joined this forum and just want to say that I am finding the assistance absolutely amazing, thank you.
I am still learning about ThinkorSwim and tried to test this indicator but when I import and apply it, the candles seem to flatten (lose all their formatting) and am not seeing any arrows on any charts, am I missing a basic step when using them?
I did see a comment in another thread about unticking the "show plot" which seems to restore the candles but I still don't see any arrows.
I have some other indicators installed and seeing results so my general setup seems to be good.
Thank you in advance.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J MACD alert question Questions 5
I MACD scan question Questions 0
I MACD scan question Questions 2
D Alerts for breakout signals on MA, MACD, Stochastics? Questions 0
P Remove cloud from MACD custom indicator Questions 1