Help wanted on Moving Average Strategy

dsohi11

Want alerts based on the following conditions, can anyone help thanks in advance?

Buy Conditions long (all conditions have to meet to take the trade and they do not have to be all at the same time)
  • Price above the Adaptive 34EMA
  • Price above VWAP
  • FAMA crosses above MAMA (blue arrow form)
  • TTM Squeeze (increasing value from the previous bar)
  • Price between 34EMA and VWAP only 4 points (want this to be adjustable)
Close Long Trade position Conditions
  • FAMA crosses below MAMA (pink arrow down) and TTM Squeeze decreasing in value from the previous bar. (Conditions do not have to meet at the same time but most likely they will meet at the same)

Sell Conditions short (all conditions have to meet to take the trade and they do not have to be all at the same time)
  • Price below Adaptive 34EMA
  • Price below VWAP
  • FAMA crosses below MAMA (Pink Arrow form)
  • TTM squeeze (decreasing in value from the previous bar)
Close Short Trade position Conditions
  • FAMA crosses above MAMA (blue arrow form) and TTM Squeeze increasing in value from the previous bar. (Conditions do not have to meet at the same time but most likely they will meet at the same time)
Other indicator used:
Ehler's MAMA Buy and Sell Signals Indicator for ThinkorSwim
TTM Squeeze
VWAP
34EMA

Currently using this strategy by watching all condition meet and trade. It has a high win ratio. Looking for someone to create script with alerts on the chart. thanks

Last edited:
Want alerts based on the following conditions, can anyone help thanks in advance?

Buy Conditions long (all conditions have to meet to take the trade and they do not have to be all at the same time)
  • Price above the Adaptive 34EMA
  • Price above VWAP
  • FAMA crosses above MAMA (blue arrow form)
  • TTM Squeeze (increasing value from the previous bar)
Close Long Trade position Conditions
  • FAMA crosses below MAMA (pink arrow down) and TTM Squeeze decreasing in value from the previous bar. (Conditions do not have to meet at the same time but most likely they will meet at the same)

Sell Conditions short (all conditions have to meet to take the trade and they do not have to be all at the same time)
  • Price below Adaptive 34EMA
  • Price below VWAP
  • FAMA crosses below MAMA (Pink Arrow form)
  • TTM squeeze (decreasing in value from the previous bar)
Close Short Trade position Conditions
  • FAMA crosses above MAMA (blue arrow form) and TTM Squeeze increasing in value from the previous bar. (Conditions do not have to meet at the same time but most likely they will meet at the same time)
Other indicator used:
Ehler's MAMA Buy and Sell Signals Indicator for ThinkorSwim
TTM Squeeze
VWAP
34EMA

Currently using this strategy by watching all condition meet and trade. It has a high win ratio. Looking for someone to create script with alerts on the chart. thanks

hello and welcome.
you might have better luck getting a response if you provide some resources, some links to some of the studies, so others (or me) don't have to hunt and guess. probably can find them on this site or on the tos site.

1.) I don't know what FAMA or MAMA is. provide a link to a study.

2.) is adaptive EMA different than EMA?

3.) clarify this,
Price between 34EMA and VWAP only 4 points. maybe it's just me, but i only think in dollars.
3b..do you want the price gap to be $4 or less?
3c..maybe a min and a max for the range? 3d..could they be too close?
3e..does it matter if they cross?

4.) How long do you wait for all the signals to match up and buy in? Within 4 bars, 10, 10, 50,....?
4b..do you give up after x bars?
4c..is there a signal where you cancel everything and start over fresh, like if the close signal happens?

5.) Same as question 4, for closing the trade.

https://tlc.thinkorswim.com/center/reference/thinkScript/Functions/Tech-Analysis/MovingAverage

hello and welcome.
you might have better luck getting a response if you provide some resources, some links to some of the studies, so others (or me) don't have to hunt and guess. probably can find them on this site or on the tos site.

1.) I don't know what FAMA or MAMA is. provide a link to a study.
This is 3 and 8 moving averages crossing each other. 3 crosses below 8 sell and vice versa. Fama and MAMA was created on a chart a study I found and then figured what they were.
2.) is adaptive EMA different than EMA?
EMA is fine
3.) clarify this,
Price between 34EMA and VWAP only 4 points. maybe it's just me, but i only think in dollars.
3b..do you want the price gap to be $4 or less?
3c..maybe a min and a max for the range? 3d..could they be too close?
3e..does it matter if they cross?
Yes under 4 point price difference. No it does not mater they cross or above or below each other. You get btter buy in with less risk when this happens.
4.) How long do you wait for all the signals to match up and buy in? Within 4 bars, 10, 10, 50,....?
When all signals match I'm in. Only thing I don't trade when market goes sideways. I don't know how to add this into auto trade strategy
4b..do you give up after x bars?
no
4c..is there a signal where you cancel everything and start over fresh, like if the close signal happens?
I don't cancel anything I just let the chart playout.
5.) Same as question 4, for closing the trade.
No let the condition match to get out.

And thank you. I don't mind answering any other questions you may have. You can try using the strategy manually.

This is 3 and 8 moving averages crossing each other. 3 crosses below 8 sell and vice versa. Fama and MAMA was created on a chart a study I found and then figured what they were.

EMA is fine

Yes under 4 point price difference. No it does not mater they cross or above or below each other. You get btter buy in with less risk when this happens.

When all signals match I'm in. Only thing I don't trade when market goes sideways. I don't know how to add this into auto trade strategy

no

I don't cancel anything I just let the chart playout.

No let the condition match to get out.

And thank you. I don't mind answering any other questions you may have. You can try using the strategy manually.
thanks for providing more info, that helped me understand the rules.

fyi. after asking all those questions, i
just want you ( and anyone else ) to know i intend to work on it, but it might be a week or 2 till i post something. i hope not, but i'm in the middle of several projects already.
if anyone else has an idea, please post it, i would never mean to claim any project.

i intend to latch each trade open triggers. when all are true, signal a buy and have them true during a trade, then reset them when all the close triggers are true, to close the trade.

Last edited:
thanks for providing more info, that helped me understand the rules.

fyi. after asking all those questions, i
just want you ( and anyone else ) to know i intend to work on it, but it might be a week or 2 till i post something. i hope not, but i'm in the middle of several projects already.
if anyone else has an idea, please post it, i would never mean to claim any project.

i intend to latch each trade open triggers. when all are true, signal a buy and have them true during a trade, then reset them when all the close triggers are true, to close the trade.
No problem I really appreciate your help. I have been using this strategy now for couple months and been successful. Trading is not easy but if we can succeed with better tools everyone wins. Thanks again.

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.