Half Trend Scalper Indicator for ThinkorSwim

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@rj3137 Was this happening during the formation of the bar or even when the bar has already been closed? You may see a signal when the bar is forming and the signal may disappear while the price is changing. That is totally fine if the bar has not close yet. Just wait for the bar to close for confirmation.

R

rj3137

@BenTen No this actually happened after the bar was already closed. 2 green renkos were formed above the halftrend line and the line turned blue, then another red was made and the line turned back to red

EDIT - halftrend does not repaint.

Last edited:
BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@rj3137 That's weird. From the code and also from my own experience, I have yet to see a single repaint. Curious to know if anyone else has the same issue or maybe it has to do something with renko bars.

R

rj3137

@BenTen I was using the script on the first page. I know someone wrote a nonrepainting script so I'll look at that now with renko bars. I'll keep people posted on that and I'll check out the candles as well too with On Demand

B

Bobbydigital83

VIP
This is a very good script - can some one make this like this. I wish I can code

I believe this is a paid script. Might get the board in trouble discussing it here.

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@Bobbydigital83 I don't think there is anything wrong with that screenshot. It doesn't disclose the private code or anything.

R

rj3137

Sorry guys I skipped out on my morning coffee yesterday. The halftrend with renko bars does not repaint

surferdude

surferdude

VIP
Sorry guys I skipped out on my morning coffee yesterday. The halftrend with renko bars does not repaint
Hey there, do you mind if I ask what you trade with the Renkos and what tick sizes you use? I sometimes use Renko bars for the ES

R

rj3137

Hey there, do you mind if I ask what you trade with the Renkos and what tick sizes you use? I sometimes use Renko bars for the ES
Im actually still looking for that. I haven't been trading just analyzing. I'm not too sure about renko yet but if I find a good setup I'll let you know.

R

rj3137

DPM The "shares to buy" is for equities. It is the tradesize based on $6000 lots. The number under the buy arrow is the tradeSize values
So in his example where it was showing 3(150), does that mean it's 3 futures contracts for es? The (150) is throwing me off lol. Also do you know what P&L High and P&L Low mean? There's already a highest return and lowest return label on there so shouldnt P&L just be one number, combing all wins and losses?

K

krsheath

VIP
Is there a way to add multi time frames for day trading like 1,5,15 and 30 mins and then show the arrow as per which ever conditions met based on all those time frames.