Get Option Price at Certain Delta

barbaros

VIP
I have an idea about an options indicator that depends on the ability to get the option code or the strike price of the option for the underlying symbol at a certain delta for a specified expiration date. Is this possible with ThinkScript?

So, pretty much,

Inputs:
  • Symbol
  • Current Price
  • Expiration Date
  • Delta
Output:
  • Strike Price or Option Code

Last edited:

rad14733

VIP
There are several Thinkscript functions for Options but the last time I checked they were broken/non-functional... There is only so much we can do as far as Options from chart data... Have you browsed the Thinkscript Learning Center to see what is and isn't available...???

barbaros

VIP
@rad14733 I’m essentially trying to add a label on a chart that shows the strike price of certain delta options with a specified expiration.

For example, SPY chart, add the script once and input exp time in 7 days with 30 delta and select put. Then, you can add the indicator many times to see different strike prices of exp time and deltas.

Then, if you can get the bid and ask prices of those strikes, you can calculate prices of spreads all in one chart.

rad14733

VIP
@barbaros That sounds more like something you would accomplish using a scan rather than a chart study... We've been getting quite a few requests for things that are beyond the scope of the current TOS platform recently... I don't see an effective way of generating a list of Put options after every chart repaint, which I don't believe is feasible, as being a good usage of platform resources in the manner you have described... Just sayin...