Gap up scanner

L

Likos

VIP
Prior the the "orb scanner" I think this is great but how about a gap potential or open window of opportunity. I've used the previous day closing gap but rather difficult to use since what's done is done leads to a 50/50 chance trade for opening new wedge gap

markos

markos

VIP
@Likos the rules have changed on how Gaps work according to two former portfolio managers for William O'Neill and company. In this case, Google really IS your friend. Please search for "take the fear out of buying big gaps" that was published March 11, 2013 by Gil Morales and Dr. Chris Kacher.
They wrote more than one article but that is the only one that I have printed out. Sorry I don't have the name of the publication.

Also, see a website called virtueofselfishinvesting.com. Those two gentlemen might have some information on that site, as they are the ones that run it. On there they call them "BGU's". It will take some research but it's the only place I know of that has firm rules on purchasing Gap Ups.

After you have reviewed that, you will have better odds of winning on a trade using the scanner that @BenTen pointed to above.
Good investing, Markos

W

wilmanv

How look for Gaps Up / Down in Thinkorswing? thanks

markos

markos

VIP
After you do your Pareto Analysis, good idea to put your links somewhere so that your helpers can send people to it. Apparently reading & watching "How to drive the scanner" is difficult to do. btw, excellent job with the video!

markos

markos

VIP
@wilmanv
Please contact support and set up a time for your Free Tour. Have 10 questions written down to ask so that your particular questions get answered.

Also, please spend some time reading in our Tutorial Section. You will find many answers to your questions above.

Your question may have already been asked, please use the Search Box above to check that out.

Thanks, Markos

Last edited:
BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@wilmanv Bookmarking is like saving a comment or post.

Whatever ToS provides in their default scanner is what you can use. You can also create your own set of watchlist.

W

wilmanv

Ok, thanks to every one in the replays, I am really new on this scripts matters on ToS