the TIME of the HIGH and LOW that a stock made

mwalstea

Hello everyone,

I have a very simple question, is it possible to have a column script that can record the TIME of the HIGH and LOW that a stock made? Would love to know because manually tracking it is so time consuming, would love to hear if so.

Thank you!

@mwalstea Please note that a single watchlist column can only plot a single piece of data. Thus you can either display the timestamp for the intraday high or the intraday low, but not both. In order to display both sets of data you would then have to use two watchlist columns to implement this. The other thing to note is that due to the fine granularity required to capture the timestamps, the watchlist aggregation must be set at 1 minute.

Thank you for the response Tom. Yeah I understand all you said. I came across this a couple weeks ago and was wondering if it were possible to code? Attached is a picture to help. Please let me know if that makes sense and is possible.

@mwalstea Absolutely possible to code this and I have just COMPLETED that. Just so long as you understand that you will NEED to implement two separate custom watchlist columns - one for HOD and the other for LOD. Both watchlists MUST be run at 1 minute aggregation.

I have posted TWO codes here - Use the first one for HOD and the second one for LOD

CUSTOM COLUMN 1 - RTH High Timestamp Watchlist

Code:
# RTH High Timestamp Watchlist
# tomsk
# 12.22.2019

# Make sure you run this at 1 minute aggregation

declare hide_on_daily;

def Hrs = Floor(9.5 + SecondsFromTime(0930) / 60 / 60) - 1;
def Min = ((9.5 + SecondsFromTime(930) / 60 / 60) % 1) * 60;
def active = SecondsFromTime(0930) >= 0 and SecondsTillTime(1600) >= 0;
def H = if !IsNaN(high) then high else H[1];

def RTHH = if active and !active[1] then H
           else if active and H > RTHH[1] then H
           else RTHH[1];

def HighHH = if H == RTHH then Hrs else HighHH[1];
def HighMM = if H == RTHH then Min else HighMM[1];

AddLabel(1, HighHH + ":" + HighMM, Color.Yellow);
# End RTH High Timestamp Watchlist

CUSTOM COLUMN 2 - RTH Low Timestamp Watchlist

Code:
# RTH Low Timestamp Watchlist
# tomsk
# 12.22.2019

# Make sure you run this at 1 minute aggregation

declare hide_on_daily;

def Hrs = Floor(9.5 + SecondsFromTime(0930) / 60 / 60) - 1;
def Min = ((9.5 + SecondsFromTime(930) / 60 / 60) % 1) * 60;
def active = SecondsFromTime(0930) >= 0 and SecondsTillTime(1600) >= 0;
def L = if !IsNaN(low) then low else L[1];

def RTHL = if active and !active[1] then L
           else if active and L < RTHL[1] then L
           else RTHL[1];

def LowHH = if L == RTHL then Hrs else LowHH[1];
def LowMM = if L == RTHL then Min else LowMM[1];

AddLabel(1, LowHH + ":" + LowMM, Color.Yellow);
# End RTH Low Timestamp Watchlist

Tom this is so awesome thank you for this. While I have the thought running through my mind I thought I would ask...is it possible to include PreMarket and Afterhours because its a commonality for stocks to top in the PM time range. If not, no worries, very grateful for this code.

Thank you,
Mark

This seems to be ahead an hour on the tops / bottoms. Im on EST not sure if that matters. Some of the stocks are odd, like check CBIO the numbers are similar. But I have consistently noticed its an hour ahead on my end not sure why. Would love to know if I'm doing something wrong thank you

Don't think you've done anything "wrong", that's the way TOS operates from what I have observed anyway. First of all, noticed I used the TOS SecondsFromTime() and SecondsTillTime() function calls. These calls expects any input to be in the EST timezone

https://tlc.thinkorswim.com/center/reference/thinkScript/Functions/Date---Time/SecondsFromTime
The other thing to note is that on my charts at least, the times that are listed at the bottom of the charts are based in Central timezone. I've learnt to live with that. If you are still concerned, you may consider contacting TOS support.

Last edited:

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.