% Mark Change

westsail5000

hello everyone... I'm trying to make a script that can for example, filter any stocks that are at a minimum, above 5% mark change. this would be used for premarket to help narrow down results. I have a similar script that allows me to filter change from open. I'm sure that the mark % filter would be somewhat similar in coding I'm just not sure how to modify it correctly. Any help greatly appreciated. Here's the script for the Change from open.

Code:
input MinChangeFromOpen = 5; #Change from open, %
def ChangeFromOpen = AbsValue((close-open)/open*100);
plot Signal = ChangeFromOpen >= MinChangeFromOpen;

define stocks that are at a minimum, above 5% mark change

the stock's what is at a minimum?
the stock's mark is 5% minimum from what?

to begin with you can use this:
def bidprice = open(priceType = PriceType.bid);
def askprice = open(priceType = PriceType.ask);
def mark = open(priceType = PriceType.mark);

plotting the rest is just basic math

Thank u very much for your response if i was decent at coding im sure it would have been all i needed, but to be honest this coding is over my head. I havent done any sort of coding since the days of myspace lol. If its not to much trouble would you be able to write the code. I would gladly pay you for your time.

the problem is with your theory cant be fully coded because you fail to

you are not defining the stocks minimum. so there is nothing anyone can code against. a coder cant return the value "stocks minimum"... what does that mean? or as you worded it... what is "stocks that are at a minimum"?

I did word that a little funny. Im looking for all stocks in premarket that are above 5% mark change. The same mark change that is built into Tos which I can add to a watchlist columb. That is the value that I am looking to be above 5%. I assume your trying to help me to code, and like they say teaching a man how to fish is much better than giving him a fish, but i feel that even for this basic code Im not proficient enough to put it together without a serious walk thru on how to code it. I do plan to learn how to write scripts, but when i do im going to invest serious time to learn it right. I figured pretty much everyone would be using this code and they could simply copy and paste it for me.

@westsail5000 ok it appears you are new to trading, because
"Im looking for all stocks in premarket that are above 5% mark change. "
doesnt make much sense, but @Fluideng just made me realize that you "probably" meant to do is what @Fluideng said.
Mark is normally the middle price, im not sure if scan will tell you the price of the mark at a certarin bar, however it will tell you the high, low, and the close.
So assuming you mean 5% above the pre-market close then you can do what fluideng suggested in post#8

@westsail5000 ok it appears you are new to trading, because
"Im looking for all stocks in premarket that are above 5% mark change. "
doesnt make much sense, but @Fluideng just made me realize that you "probably" meant to do is what @Fluideng said.
Mark is normally the middle price, im not sure if scan will tell you the price of the mark at a certarin bar, however it will tell you the high, low, and the close.
So assuming you mean 5% above the pre-market close then you can do what fluideng suggested in post#8
I look at the mark % change in premarket because the percent change doesnt work untill the market opens. But im sure u know this. U guys gotta be just messing with me lol. Im wondering if the reason that i cant find a script for this is because people just use the afterhours % change filter to filter the mark % change for premarket? I will give this a try tommorow. Yes i new as hell to trading only been about 4-5 months on tos. @rad14733 U shudnt assume that im some lazy person that doesnt take the time to figure things out, im completly self taught in some pretty advanced ****. Ever rebuilt a car transmission? Every rebuilt a marine diesel engine? Ever rebuild 3 ft of the front end of a 35 ft boat that had the front end sliced off? no didnt think so. Done all kinds of crazy similar **** without any schooling which is why im so burned out now lol. Wish i focused my energy on the stock market way earlier in life. and u should prolly take some time to smell the roses instead of spending all ur time consumed with work. Oh and it wouldnt hurt to try helping someone out sometime, u might be suprised at the good feeling it gives u, i know our culture is about capitalising off of everyone, not about sharing information ect. But that type of living sure does have its downsides doesnt it. And what is it that ur programming for? whats the end goal? ANd is that the life u wud want for ur kids to have to spend hours and hours stressing away in front of a screen? do u every question y uve had to spend so many hours wasting ur life in such a fashion or do u not even think about it??? its cuz everyones turned against each other, and were all forced to carry the load ourselves individually as opposed to working together and living much more meaning ful lives. when u look something up online isnt that asking for help?? ur so rediculous. frekin negativly charged trolls man just want to get a reaction well now u got one.

Last edited:
g4bmvZt.png

I think the question is whether you can even reference Mark %Change in a script to plot it.
@Wiinii Mark %Change is not available in Scan Hacker.
The original poster's question was resolved, using the script referenced above.

Are you asking a question?
If you want to know how to use Mark in a study the syntax is:
Code:
input priceType = PriceType.MARK;
plot MarkPrice = close(priceType = priceType);
https://tlc.thinkorswim.com/center/reference/thinkScript/Constants/PriceType/PriceType-MARK

If you need something further, please click on: Cool Tips For Creating The Perfect Post before posting.

Last edited:
Pre-market scanner question
In the ToS platform, how do you set up a mark % change pre-market scanner and at the same time remove the stocks that are un-changed (mark % change is 0%) during pre-market hours

Last edited by a moderator:
PM/AH move change

Hello all

This forum has been a great help for me so far and hoping some one will help me with this.

I am looking to see after hour moves in the stocks. is there any way to create a script to see something like this :

% AH or PM = % change - Mark % change

and show it on chart as label and as well as in the watchlist.

Please share the link of script if it is already created in the past.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pre-market scanner question
In the ToS platform, how do you set up a mark % change pre-market scanner and at the same time remove the stocks that are un-changed (mark % change is 0%) during pre-market hours
PM/AH move change
I am looking to see after hour moves in the stocks. is there any way to create a script to see something like this :
% AH or PM = % change - Mark % change

Perhaps this thread will move your quest forward:
https://usethinkscript.com/threads/mark-change.8467/

Last edited:

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.