/ES Futures Trading Strategy on ThinkorSwim

@HombreLobo On my 1D 2000t chart it is the auto fib. On the 1000t, I draw them on the most recent swings. That could be 15min, 1hr, 2hr, etc. It could be a 5 point swing or a 10 point swing just depends on price action..

Got ya, thanks for the quick reply! Is there a discord server/channel for the forum/this thread that I'm missing? The link earlier in this thread is dead.

New Indicator: Buy the Dip

Check out our Buy the Dip indicator and see how it can help you find profitable swing trading ideas. Scanner, watchlist columns, and add-ons are included.

Download the indicator

@MBF The FE is not directional. Looking closely the price did a small consolidation at the time of low FE then the FE began rising but is not directional so it is telling you the price trend was exhausted and then is moving with more energy again but not telling you what direction. Use the other indicators or watch the price to see the direction. Put the VWAP with fractual energy indicator on your chart and watch how it interacts with price. Maybe that will help you visualize better how FE interacts with the price.
can you please point to VWAP with fractal energy indicator? is it coded in VWAP? thks

Minor update to the setup. I essentially turned the 2000t chart into a lower study for the 1000t by converting it to an area chart. I felt like I was missing good entries by wasting time looking back and forth between the two charts. By doing this I can now see the 2000t confirmation in my peripheral vision.

dr4zAsB.png

Minor update to the setup. I essentially turned the 2000t chart into a lower study for the 1000t by converting it to an area chart. I felt like I was missing good entries by wasting time looking back and forth between the two charts. By doing this I can now see the 2000t confirmation in my peripheral vision.

dr4zAsB.png
@blakecmathis Can you share your grid? Thanks!

@blakecmathis if I'm using your old shared grind and you make changes to it, will I receive your changes or have to use the new link? And if I want to save that old setup before using the new one, how?

I'm new to script so please excuse me

@tem2005 You can keep the same setup that you already have and only need to add the additional script from @blakecmathis chart to your existing setup.

When you open his new shared chart, just make note of the name of any new script in there. Then load it up on your current setup.

Entries are defined by buy/sell signals from the WTO in conjunction with confirmation from CCI/ATR combo on the 2000t. I know there's gotta be 100 screenshots of those setups in here man. As far as targets/exits go, a lot of different things come into play. Previous S/R, time of day, price action, fib levels, how many contracts I'm trading, etc. That one is a little harder to answer because I can sit here and point out exits on a chart all day but none of that matters until I'm actually in a trade and experiencing the tension if that makes any sense.

Awesome setup but after reading through all 26 pages of this thread, I'm not exactly sure where your entry and exit points are (triggers). I appreciate any dumbed down explanation you take the time to send (or if I missed it in the thread). Thanks!
Read it again, and review each posted screen - will help, may be even few more times :)

@tem2005 You can keep the same setup that you already have and only need to add the additional script from @blakecmathis chart to your existing setup.

When you open his new shared chart, just make note of the name of any new script in there. Then load it up on your current setup.
@BenTen thank you for replying. So can you explain please how i can save my current setup and move it to another laptop if I want to?

@tem2005 Your setup should be saved automatically on ThinkorSwim server. There is nothing to do except installing the platform on your new computer and logging in. But just to be safe, you can click on the Settings option (top right hand corner) and then Save your workspace.

@tem2005 Your setup should be saved automatically on ThinkorSwim server. There is nothing to do except installing the platform on your new computer and logging in. But just to be safe, you can click on the Settings option (top right hand corner) and then Save your workspace.

Got it thank you

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

Not the exact question you're looking for?

Start a new thread and receive assistance from our community.

87k+ Posts
449 Online
Create Post

The Market Trading Game Changer

Join 2,500+ subscribers inside the useThinkScript VIP Membership Club
  • Exclusive indicators
  • Proven strategies & setups
  • Private Discord community
  • ‘Buy The Dip’ signal alerts
  • Exclusive members-only content
  • Add-ons and resources
  • 1 full year of unlimited support

Frequently Asked Questions

What is useThinkScript?

useThinkScript is the #1 community of stock market investors using indicators and other tools to power their trading strategies. Traders of all skill levels use our forums to learn about scripting and indicators, help each other, and discover new ways to gain an edge in the markets.

How do I get started?

We get it. Our forum can be intimidating, if not overwhelming. With thousands of topics, tens of thousands of posts, our community has created an incredibly deep knowledge base for stock traders. No one can ever exhaust every resource provided on our site.

If you are new, or just looking for guidance, here are some helpful links to get you started.

What are the benefits of VIP Membership?
VIP members get exclusive access to these proven and tested premium indicators: Buy the Dip, Advanced Market Moves 2.0, Take Profit, and Volatility Trading Range. In addition, VIP members get access to over 50 VIP-only custom indicators, add-ons, and strategies, private VIP-only forums, private Discord channel to discuss trades and strategies in real-time, customer support, trade alerts, and much more. Learn all about VIP membership here.
How can I access the premium indicators?
To access the premium indicators, which are plug and play ready, sign up for VIP membership here.
Back