/ES Futures Trading Strategy on ThinkorSwim

I find this to be an extremely useful indicator just loaded it up this morning oh my gosh yes I have it on a 3min chart. So few lines of well thought out code can move mountains thank you

Code:
# tomsk
# 1.7.2020
# Freedom of Movement and Relative Volume Std Dev
# Original code: provided by blakecmathis
declare lower;
declare zerobase;
input length = 60;
input numDev = 2.0;
input allowNegativeValues = no;
def mov = AbsValue(close / close[1] - 1); do so much thanks man
def minMov = Lowest(mov, length);
def maxMov = Highest(mov, length);
def nMov = 1 + (mov - minMov) / (maxMov - minMov) * 9;
def vol = (volume - Average(volume, length)) / StDev(volume, length);
def minVol = Lowest(vol, length);
def maxVol = Highest(vol, length);
def nVol = 1 + (vol - minVol) / (maxVol - minVol) * 9;
def vByM = nVol / nMov;
def rawFoM = (vByM - Average(vByM, length)) / StDev(vByM, length);
#Relative Volume Std Dev
def rawRelVol = (volume - Average(volume, length)) / StDev(volume, length);
def RelVol = if allowNegativeValues then rawRelVol else Max(0, rawRelVol);
plot signal = rawFoM > numDev and RelVol > numDev;
AddLabel(signal, "CSA FoM RV StDev Triggered", Color.Yellow);
Alert(signal, "CSA FoM RV StDev", Alert.BAR, Sound.RING);
# End CSA FoM and RV Std Dev

New Indicator: Buy the Dip

Check out our Buy the Dip indicator and see how it can help you find profitable swing trading ideas. Scanner, watchlist columns, and add-ons are included.

Download the indicator

Well I too am new to this but love it already. To the best of my knowledge Standard deviation is the statistical measure of market volatility, measuring how widely prices are dispersed from the average price. If prices trade in a narrow trading range, the standard deviation will return a low value that indicates low volatility. Conversely, if prices swing wildly up and down, then standard deviation returns a high value that indicates high volatility.

2I98GnS.png

Last edited:
I trade the 5min chart but like to have the 15, 60 min chart to watch for later time frame direction and momentum. Just my style many times I trade the 3min. My charts tend to morph a lot tonight I put together a two grid and I change up a lot. I can post my latest I try to keep up with the great stuff the site churns out but my goal is always to keep things as simple as possible because I trade on a laptop. 3-5min I posted is profitable. I like the relative col deviation so I look for tops and bottoms to scalp the rsi laguerre is great tops and bottoms short time frame and ba has been very good to me. I can post tonights grid not so many labels. Both lt and rt charts have only ttm/cci plus pivots not as busy looking switch it up any way you want of course. I like simple.

thanks to everyone here, so much helpful information. Can someone explain what are the confirmations for signals?

@tem2005 Confirmation for signals: price action, candle stick patterns (head & shoulders, triangle plays, etc.), or CCI/ATR from the 2000t).

@blakecmathis thank you for the reply

Correct me if I'm wrong. The CCI is The green line that has to be in the low level to confirm the bullish signal in 1000t And vise versa. Can I use that indicator on IOS system or Android? Where is the ATR?

Sorry being too trouble :(

@tem2005 No problem at all man. I dont know much about the source coding behind it but the CCI/ATR combo is what I use to paint the candles on 1000t and 2000t. All it represents is current trend direction. Green for bullish and red for bear obviously. The green line you are referencing is the Wave Trend Oscillator. WTO is what provides the buy/sell signals (arrows).

The perfect storm for getting in long

FE < .3 on the 1000t
FE < .4 on the 2000t
WTO buy signals across the board
Beautiful bounce off the 61.8% Fib
Tri breakout

First target was @ 3276 but it got smoked on the way up so held on a little longer and it payed off.

CFedISR.png

@tem2005 No problem at all man. I dont know much about the source coding behind it but the CCI/ATR combo is what I use to paint the candles on 1000t and 2000t. All it represents is current trend direction. Green for bullish and red for bear obviously. The green line you are referencing is the Wave Trend Oscillator. WTO is what provides the buy/sell signals (arrows).

Thank for the clarification. Are there anyway to create alerts when signal generated wither desktop or iphone?

Ben's Swing Trading Strategy + Indicator

I wouldn't call this a course. My goal is zero fluff. I will jump right into my current watchlist, tell you the ThinkorSwim indicator that I'm using, and past trade setups to help you understand my swing trading strategy.

I'm Interested

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

Not the exact question you're looking for?

Start a new thread and receive assistance from our community.

87k+ Posts
318 Online
Create Post

The Market Trading Game Changer

Join 2,500+ subscribers inside the useThinkScript VIP Membership Club
  • Exclusive indicators
  • Proven strategies & setups
  • Private Discord community
  • ‘Buy The Dip’ signal alerts
  • Exclusive members-only content
  • Add-ons and resources
  • 1 full year of unlimited support

Frequently Asked Questions

What is useThinkScript?

useThinkScript is the #1 community of stock market investors using indicators and other tools to power their trading strategies. Traders of all skill levels use our forums to learn about scripting and indicators, help each other, and discover new ways to gain an edge in the markets.

How do I get started?

We get it. Our forum can be intimidating, if not overwhelming. With thousands of topics, tens of thousands of posts, our community has created an incredibly deep knowledge base for stock traders. No one can ever exhaust every resource provided on our site.

If you are new, or just looking for guidance, here are some helpful links to get you started.

What are the benefits of VIP Membership?
VIP members get exclusive access to these proven and tested premium indicators: Buy the Dip, Advanced Market Moves 2.0, Take Profit, and Volatility Trading Range. In addition, VIP members get access to over 50 VIP-only custom indicators, add-ons, and strategies, private VIP-only forums, private Discord channel to discuss trades and strategies in real-time, customer support, trade alerts, and much more. Learn all about VIP membership here.
How can I access the premium indicators?
To access the premium indicators, which are plug and play ready, sign up for VIP membership here.
Back