/ES Futures Trading Strategy on ThinkorSwim

Doing some backtesting with fibs. Didn't realize this until now but the support this morning @ 3125.75 was dead on at the golden fib level

vk8PqeS.png

...... and was just about perfectly aligned with S1 with the Pivot_Points_Full indicator that day as well. Futures really respect those levels..

New Indicator: Buy the Dip

Check out our Buy the Dip indicator and see how it can help you find profitable swing trading ideas. Scanner, watchlist columns, and add-ons are included.

Download the indicator

@tomsk @blakecmathis @skynetgen and Everyone.
THIS has been an amazing post to follow. KUDOS to everyone, AMAZING JOB in Contributing to this great Strategy
I will be going over all pages again to gather as much as information as possible.
Having a though here, Would it be useful and possible to Create Some Labels on 1000t chart that show.
1-2000t CCI (Green or Red) - Green/Bull for Cyan when CCI trending upwards and Red/Bear for Purple when CCI Trending downwards
2- FE Below 0.4 Green , Above 0.4 Red
3- With some other Signal to confirm as well if possible Like $ADSPD , $TIKSP above or below a certain value.

Example, Just thinking out loud here:
Long : 2000t CCI Label Green/Bull, FE GREEN, $ADSPD, $TIKSP Increasing Or Above GREEN. ALL labels should be green to For LONG so it can be an easy visual
Vise Versa for Short.

Also, i am currently trying to backtest the Tend Reversal with StopLoss on the 1000t Chart. They also seem to work well and confirm with CCI,FE < 0.4

Thoughts on All above? :)
HAPPY NEW YEAR.

@maddy91 Glad to hear that you’ll be reading this amazing thread (I know it’s 22 pages long). Kudos to your effort to learn :)

Just wanted to chime in real quick since you mentioned the Trend reversal indicator. That particular indicator will repaint. Therefore, it makes it harder to backtest. I would be careful when using it.

Hope you all guys had great holidays. Wish you good trading in new year!

I been working on new version of signals for oscillator. I normalized WT and merged it with RSILFE as a single oscillator . Basically I am looking at both WT and RSI and their relation towards middle/OB/OS and direction and each other.

- It is work in progress but seems promising direction.This is current version with current setting. Methinks there is a lot of potential to improve
https://tos.mx/sJVzRh8

Last edited:
Hope you all guys had great holidays. Wish you good trading in new year!

I been working on new version of signals for oscillator. I normalized WT and merged it with RSILFE as a single oscillator . Basically I am looking at both WT and RSI and their relation towards middle/OB/OS and direction and each other.

- It is work in progress but seems promising direction.This is current version with current setting. Methinks there is a lot of potential to improve
https://tos.mx/sJVzRh8
It is a lot of work.

did you trade NQs with this set up and if yes, how do you find it?

@Talochka , yes..... I've been trading /NQ with it, but lately I've been trying to work it with /ES and /CL. I like to keep a little SPY screen over in the corner of my screen 2 so that I can see when it touches a significant level (such as vwap or a pivot point) because SPY sometimes hits those spots sooner than /ES. So, if I'm in a trade and I see /ES approaching vwap (let's say 4 ticks away), but SPY has already just touched it, I'll usually exit there and not necessarily wait for /ES to get there. Has saved me a few times.

@Talochka , yes..... I've been trading /NQ with it, but lately I've been trying to work it with /ES and /CL. I like to keep a little SPY screen over in the corner of my screen 2 so that I can see when it touches a significant level (such as vwap or a pivot point) because SPY sometimes hits those spots sooner than /ES. So, if I'm in a trade and I see /ES approaching vwap (let's say 4 ticks away), but SPY has already just touched it, I'll usually exit there and not necessarily wait for /ES to get there. Has saved me a few times.
thanks a lot for answering, I was watching NQ today with this set up and like it. Thanks for letting me know about SPY, will watch tomorrow.

It's been a great holiday break from the grind but getting back at it tomorrow and posting the usual setups, plays, and analysis as well as any modifications to the setup. Godspeed gentlemen 🤙

@skynetgen I think we've talked about this before but do you think we could port the CCI/ATR signals from the 2000t onto the 1000t? At the very minimum I think we could alter the length, multiple, factor, etc. to replicate the 2000t. Just thinking out loud here.

Edit: That gamma pivot signal is beautiful dude.

thanks a lot for answering, I was watching NQ today with this set up and like it. Thanks for letting me know about SPY, will watch tomorrow.

Also @Talochka , take a look at the post I made awhile back.... just the first paragraph. More bang for your buck movement-wise being true, yet for some reason I've moved from /NQ to /ES. Possibly to be more in sync with the group here who are working this so successfully? IDK

https://usethinkscript.com/threads/es-trading-strategy-on-thinkorswim.987/page-20#post-11897
https://usethinkscript.com/threads/es-trading-strategy-on-thinkorswim.987/page-20#post-11897

@skynetgen I think we've talked about this before but do you think we could port the CCI/ATR signals from the 2000t onto the 1000t? At the very minimum I think we could alter the length, multiple, factor, etc. to replicate the 2000t. Just thinking out loud here.

Quick answer: the setting I use on 1k for STCCI are 1.3, 12, hull 100,50, 1.5. Though it is not exactly same result as on 2k.

p.s. Long answer: I am working on different set of indicators for 1k and 2k. For 2k (which might became 3200) I think about using this and merging it with STCCI to generate on signal https://usethinkscript.com/threads/need-help-with-top-ultimate-breakout-indicator.1243/page-3

Last edited:
How does one decide on Stoploss with this strategy?,Everything matches up, CCI is Cyan , OS/OB is goin up, FE is up suggesting strong Move. But i just get 1.5 points and got out as it went down in red a little. It would have been atleast a 7-10 points if i stayed in.
QK8KMV3.png

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

Not the exact question you're looking for?

Start a new thread and receive assistance from our community.

87k+ Posts
479 Online
Create Post

The Market Trading Game Changer

Join 2,500+ subscribers inside the useThinkScript VIP Membership Club
  • Exclusive indicators
  • Proven strategies & setups
  • Private Discord community
  • ‘Buy The Dip’ signal alerts
  • Exclusive members-only content
  • Add-ons and resources
  • 1 full year of unlimited support

Frequently Asked Questions

What is useThinkScript?

useThinkScript is the #1 community of stock market investors using indicators and other tools to power their trading strategies. Traders of all skill levels use our forums to learn about scripting and indicators, help each other, and discover new ways to gain an edge in the markets.

How do I get started?

We get it. Our forum can be intimidating, if not overwhelming. With thousands of topics, tens of thousands of posts, our community has created an incredibly deep knowledge base for stock traders. No one can ever exhaust every resource provided on our site.

If you are new, or just looking for guidance, here are some helpful links to get you started.

What are the benefits of VIP Membership?
VIP members get exclusive access to these proven and tested premium indicators: Buy the Dip, Advanced Market Moves 2.0, Take Profit, and Volatility Trading Range. In addition, VIP members get access to over 50 VIP-only custom indicators, add-ons, and strategies, private VIP-only forums, private Discord channel to discuss trades and strategies in real-time, customer support, trade alerts, and much more. Learn all about VIP membership here.
How can I access the premium indicators?
To access the premium indicators, which are plug and play ready, sign up for VIP membership here.
Back