/ES Futures Trading Strategy on ThinkorSwim

So if possible moving past this. If possible with the FE below the zero line and if it’s below that’s confirmation? If FE is high when the alerts trigger in main chart. Then it could be false signal ? And if both Tick charts correlate together then strong chance of true reading? That is what I’m kind of gathering
Doesn't Post #6 answer your question...??? FE = Fractal Energy... Hope this helps...

@skynetgen Correct the buy/sell signals are from the oscillator. Using 1000/1600 as support/resistance and the wave trend and FE as confirmation that a big move is coming or the current trend/cycle is out of gas. I use the 512 primarily just for picking my entry and exit.

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

It does and it doesn’t. When the wave is lower that’s confirmation and stops false signals those would be the higher FE waves ? Trying to understand the Fe wave itself. That charts posted below are confusing. But seems to be entry for Kong’s as Fe is near bottom. And since this study was 2yrs ago I believe wanted to ensure the methodology is the same or has it changed

It does and it doesn’t. When the wave is lower that’s confirmation and stops false signals those would be the higher FE waves ? Trying to understand the Fe wave itself
Google and research "fractal energy waves" for more information on that... All of the answers aren't here in the forums and may require independent research... One persons opinion may not give the best overview so check multiple sources...

Anyone know if it is possible to modify this strategy to be used for longer term trading such as 1hr, 4hr, or on the daily chart? If so, how can that be done?

@blakecmathis
Have you tried or considered trading UPRO (ProShares UltraPro S&P500) with this setup instead of /ES or SPY. Since it's a lot cheaper. We can buy common share instead of option.
Or if there are reasons you feel we should stick with /ES on this setup. Thanks!!!

@blakecmathis
Have you tried or considered trading UPRO (ProShares UltraPro S&P500) with this setup instead of /ES or SPY. Since it's a lot cheaper. We can buy common share instead of option.
Or if there are reasons you feel we should stick with /ES on this setup. Thanks!!!
Since it's a lot cheaper? I promise you it will be a lot more expensive for you.

I'm sorry, but your question makes it obvious you really really need to do a lot more reading and learning before you start risking your own money, or you're just going to lose as much as it takes for you to realize this reality. If you think I'm wrong, as I would have when I was just starting out, then at least just trade a couple shares of SPY instead of trying to find more leverage. The only reason you'd need more leverage is if you use all of your 25k+ buying power on SPY, find consistent success, and then still want to take more risk. You shouldn't be anywhere close to that for a very long time. UPRO is a 3x leveraged ETF, meaning your losses will be amplified by 3X, plus more since it has significant slippage as compared to SPY.

I've participated in several trading / discussion boards over the last 25 years, and whenever someone starts talking about 2X and 3X leveraged ETFs, most of the time I know all I need to know about that person's skill leverage and experience. Trading is like any other skill set. But because the exchange of money is involved, there are sharks and there are minnows. Most new traders think they are going to be the shark, until they get eaten. New members would be wise to heed the advice of members like @TraderKevin @rad14733 and many others (don't get mad if I don't mention you). The multi-year ramp in the financial markets has emboldened many, but price action lately tells me that if will probably get a little more difficult making quick money going forward. Just my 3.2 inflation adjusted cents worth. (PS - I'm a ****er fish attached to the back of a shark, :) )

Last edited:
Beacuse of 3x specifically UPRO. That's exactly the same reason I ask if strategy possibly be working well with UPRO. But thanks for your good intention as a shot or warning on 2x,3x. Best regards,

@mdtn I never even thought of you when I posted that. You sound like you know how to handle yourself. Sorry if you thought I did. Just posting to new traders in general. Heck, if people are trading index futures, ES, NQ, ETC. they are using leverage up the wazoo.... :)

@twoduds Not exactly. Wait for confirmation from the CCI/ATR on the 2000t. You'll notice hows theres a double tap shelf @ 3331.50 right before the low was made. I went long for a fill @ 3331.75

owNoETY.png
Is there a link to this chart setup?

@mdtn I never even thought of you when I posted that. You sound like you know how to handle yourself. Sorry if you thought I did. Just posting to new traders in general. Heck, if people are trading index futures, ES, NQ, ETC. they are using leverage up the wazoo.... :)
It's all good! Thanks.

Yes, the SPY is an excellent alternative to the ES and the movements correlate without the extreme leverage vulnerability in futures. ETFs are a great way to get index exposure without the account balance agony / ecstasy of futures movements.

New Indicator: Buy the Dip

Check out our Buy the Dip indicator and see how it can help you find profitable swing trading ideas. Scanner, watchlist columns, and add-ons are included.

Download the indicator

Not the exact question you're looking for?

Start a new thread and receive assistance from our community.

87k+ Posts
556 Online
Create Post

The Market Trading Game Changer

Join 2,500+ subscribers inside the useThinkScript VIP Membership Club
  • Exclusive indicators
  • Proven strategies & setups
  • Private Discord community
  • ‘Buy The Dip’ signal alerts
  • Exclusive members-only content
  • Add-ons and resources
  • 1 full year of unlimited support

Frequently Asked Questions

What is useThinkScript?

useThinkScript is the #1 community of stock market investors using indicators and other tools to power their trading strategies. Traders of all skill levels use our forums to learn about scripting and indicators, help each other, and discover new ways to gain an edge in the markets.

How do I get started?

We get it. Our forum can be intimidating, if not overwhelming. With thousands of topics, tens of thousands of posts, our community has created an incredibly deep knowledge base for stock traders. No one can ever exhaust every resource provided on our site.

If you are new, or just looking for guidance, here are some helpful links to get you started.

What are the benefits of VIP Membership?
VIP members get exclusive access to these proven and tested premium indicators: Buy the Dip, Advanced Market Moves 2.0, Take Profit, and Volatility Trading Range. In addition, VIP members get access to over 50 VIP-only custom indicators, add-ons, and strategies, private VIP-only forums, private Discord channel to discuss trades and strategies in real-time, customer support, trade alerts, and much more. Learn all about VIP membership here.
How can I access the premium indicators?
To access the premium indicators, which are plug and play ready, sign up for VIP membership here.
Back