/ES Futures Trading Strategy on ThinkorSwim

Hi RokaNroll..
About your ActiveTrader.. When I move my mouse on to a buy or sell cell, Along with Buy/Sell it also shows "TRG +10.00 LMT " target limit and "TRG -5.00 ST" target stop. Event though Template shows Single.
Thats is a really nice feature and want to know how to set that. that will eliminate the need of selecting the template again and again every time we trade.
Could you please explain how to set that up and also how to change those values..

Thank you.
You can create your OCO templates and save them, here is a video how to do it!

New Indicator: Buy the Dip

Check out our Buy the Dip indicator and see how it can help you find profitable swing trading ideas. Scanner, watchlist columns, and add-ons are included.

Download the indicator

@blakecmathis Just wanted to say thank you for all your hard work and sharing your setup. I've been searching for a decent futures strategy and can't wait to test this out.

@BenTen just FYI that BB stops code seems to have an issue. The option to turn off "fill color" doesn't work. I easily commented it out, just wanted you to know.

@barbaros Absolutely man. So when I first started developing this setup (with the help of every one has ever provided input in this thread) I wanted a strategy with very little clutter on the chart, was simple, clean, and fast. Here is one of the trades I made today. Scaled back to 1 contract (usually trade 3-5) due to all the idiots talking at the time (Cuomo, etc.). So I've gotta buy signal from the WTO on the 1000t. FE is bottomed out (essentially just measures strength of the current trend. Low FE = trend reaching a peak or valley, but could also represent some consolidation (this is what paints the candles on the 1000t and the same yellow line on the lower study). And I've got confirmation from the 2000t on the trend change. On top of that, I made this trade in the direction of my trailing stop. My exit on this trade was spot on and snagged a quick $100. Albeit I could have entered again and made some more green. But this is a scalping strategy for a reason. As soon as i get a buy/sell signal I start tracking previous support/resistance and setup my target entries. Hope this helps man!!

Edit: The only purpose the SPY serves for me is volume

aeZOJGi.png

I missed an early opportunity from sleeping in, but scalped $150 (paper account) with this strat today. Wednesday and Thursday provided some great opportunities. Looking forward to using some real $

@blakecmathis With the environment today it was difficult to have a strict exit plan, so I got out when I 'felt' it was good (i know, not great trade etiquette). I try to plan exit on either of the following, depending on what it's like out there: 1k tick arrow, near vwap, 2k tick or spy 1min cci/atr trend change, or BB stop (although haven't used that much yet). I also try to keep in mind TA stuff, support/resistance, etc. Today was 5 complete in & out trades, largest being 4.5, smallest being 1.25 pts lol. If you ever have any tips or insights you've learned on the way, I'd love to hear them :)

@blakecmathis I've been following your setup. Thank you for sharing this. What do the colors on the 1000 tick candlesticks signify?

It seems like when it starts trending it changes colors.

very excited to stumble across this forum, i'm trading /MES and i cant wait to try out this setup.
i need help on how to use the indicator... i look through 34 pages and a pdf still clueless.
How to use this awesome indicator (in the simplest way you could parse it please)

do we enter a trade, the Green line (wavetrend osc wt1_1), as it curve up/down,
or BEST wait for it to be in OB/OB lvl1/2 (those green n red horizontal lines)
with signal arrow?

RSILE_FE, the (cream/yellow) line... i notice there "no show for its OS/OB" are we to use the midline (dash lines).

or cross over of FE/WT ?

also the 1000 tick CHART, Heikin Ashi?
i found post mention heikin Ashi and some with the "reversal" bubble indicator.
i tried combining them, it seem to keep in trade for the long ride.

thank you Very much!
Happy farming points!

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

Not the exact question you're looking for?

Start a new thread and receive assistance from our community.

87k+ Posts
322 Online
Create Post

The Market Trading Game Changer

Join 2,500+ subscribers inside the useThinkScript VIP Membership Club
  • Exclusive indicators
  • Proven strategies & setups
  • Private Discord community
  • ‘Buy The Dip’ signal alerts
  • Exclusive members-only content
  • Add-ons and resources
  • 1 full year of unlimited support

Frequently Asked Questions

What is useThinkScript?

useThinkScript is the #1 community of stock market investors using indicators and other tools to power their trading strategies. Traders of all skill levels use our forums to learn about scripting and indicators, help each other, and discover new ways to gain an edge in the markets.

How do I get started?

We get it. Our forum can be intimidating, if not overwhelming. With thousands of topics, tens of thousands of posts, our community has created an incredibly deep knowledge base for stock traders. No one can ever exhaust every resource provided on our site.

If you are new, or just looking for guidance, here are some helpful links to get you started.

What are the benefits of VIP Membership?
VIP members get exclusive access to these proven and tested premium indicators: Buy the Dip, Advanced Market Moves 2.0, Take Profit, and Volatility Trading Range. In addition, VIP members get access to over 50 VIP-only custom indicators, add-ons, and strategies, private VIP-only forums, private Discord channel to discuss trades and strategies in real-time, customer support, trade alerts, and much more. Learn all about VIP membership here.
How can I access the premium indicators?
To access the premium indicators, which are plug and play ready, sign up for VIP membership here.
Back