/ES Futures Trading Strategy on ThinkorSwim

Thanks for reply @blakecmathis ! I am learning to trust these signals and need to work on taming the emotional actions when things get scary.. It takes a lot of patience to wait for the right setup. Guess I need to look into using it in a strategy with more than just ES. Sooo much to learn from you guys who so generously share your experience and talents. Thanks for being such a rock star!

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

Hi, could you explain me how it works the strategy? Where you place the SL and TP, if you enter in the first candle or wait for confirmation, and how you use the yellow line in the oscillator? Thanks so much, the script is awesome.

@blakecmathis Are you using any particular indicators or studies to pick your exact entry point (Like ATR or volume profile) or are you just waiting for all of your indicators to line up + reading of the price action, s/r etc etc? I've read through the whole post, and I know you mentioned volume at some point in there. Really interested in this set up. Thank you for all of your input on the forum.

@LuKaSi The specific price point of my entries are simply based on S&R and price action. Nothing fancy at all. The only volume I have been monitoring lately has been on my SPY chart. Sorry for the late response man!

@blakecmathis Hey man, thank you very much for your response. I'll have to take a look at SPY volume. Is there a reason you use SPY over just the /ES volume?

Have you been using this same system/layout recently during this crazy drop? I've been playing around with it just on the sim side of things.
I do have a question if you're still open to explaining your system more - How long do you wait for CCI confirmation before deciding if you should enter the trade? What I mean is, if at 11:49 there are buy signals on multiple tick charts, FE is well below 40%, but the CCI doesn't confirm it (maybe it's no longer signaling sell, but also not buy) until 11:54, are you using that as confirmation about the signals that happened 5 minutes ago? I use that example because there was a big jump up today at that time with a similar scenario while I was just watching the market. Hopefully that question makes sense. Thanks again.

@blakecmathis - New here and love your inputs and scripts. I'm paper trading Micro Minis at the moment to get a feel of how your scripts interact with price and profit potential. Can I trouble you to provide the link to your most recent script that includes all the updated changes and improvements as well as the link/invite to your discord channel? Thanks.

@blakecmathis This setup is great, the amount of work you have put into this shows. Not overly complex, easy to execute from, well thought out. I used it today in paper trading to success.

A thought: has anyone played with settings on this setup to use it on SPY or any equities? Might not work, but it looks like it could be done.

@blakecmathis This setup is great, the amount of work you have put into this shows. Not overly complex, easy to execute from, well thought out. I used it today in paper trading to success.

A thought: has anyone played with settings on this setup to use it on SPY or any equities? Might not work, but it looks like it could be done.
I'm happy to hear this. Hmm I use it regularly on the spy but I've not tweaked anything.

I might give it a whirl on some large cap stocks and see if i can get the triggers working well for them, this could have legs.
Please let me know I just appended the top page to better explain the hi/lo candles re-paint issue.

So far it works to trade S+P off of the /ES charts better than having this setup run on spy. I haven;t had a lot of time to play with it though. I want to add some ascending/descending triangles to it but the ToS patterns dont seem to work

Has anyone noticed that the signals are not as accurate ( /ES) during these very volatile times? Of course if you catch trend you're in for a good payday but a bit more of a gamble.

Has anyone noticed that the signals are not as accurate ( /ES) during these very volatile times? Of course if you catch trend you're in for a good payday but a bit more of a gamble.
Yes absolutely. last few days trends are very difficult to predict

Hi everyone! This has been a great thread to follow. Thank you @blakecmathis @skynetgen @BenTen and everyone else that has contributed, I have learned a great deal.

My question is not trade related but more account information. I am in Canada and I have just funded my ToS account but I can't for the life of me find the minimum deposit amount to day trade futures, would anybody here have this information?

Thank you all so much.

Hi everyone! This has been a great thread to follow. Thank you @blakecmathis @skynetgen @BenTen and everyone else that has contributed, I have learned a great deal.

My question is not trade related but more account information. I am in Canada and I have just funded my ToS account but I can't for the life of me find the minimum deposit amount to day trade futures, would anybody here have this information?

Thank you all so much.
I'm with TD Ameritrade and use the TOS platform. I'm in the U.S. and trade Mico Minis ES futures with about $4k U.S.D. I was told to trade Mini ES I would need about $9k deposited. You may be subject to different rules and best to check with TD of course but hope this info helps.
Also - you have to apply separately for futures trading approval.

Last edited:

New Indicator: Buy the Dip

Check out our Buy the Dip indicator and see how it can help you find profitable swing trading ideas. Scanner, watchlist columns, and add-ons are included.

Download the indicator

Not the exact question you're looking for?

Start a new thread and receive assistance from our community.

87k+ Posts
374 Online
Create Post

The Market Trading Game Changer

Join 2,500+ subscribers inside the useThinkScript VIP Membership Club
  • Exclusive indicators
  • Proven strategies & setups
  • Private Discord community
  • ‘Buy The Dip’ signal alerts
  • Exclusive members-only content
  • Add-ons and resources
  • 1 full year of unlimited support

Frequently Asked Questions

What is useThinkScript?

useThinkScript is the #1 community of stock market investors using indicators and other tools to power their trading strategies. Traders of all skill levels use our forums to learn about scripting and indicators, help each other, and discover new ways to gain an edge in the markets.

How do I get started?

We get it. Our forum can be intimidating, if not overwhelming. With thousands of topics, tens of thousands of posts, our community has created an incredibly deep knowledge base for stock traders. No one can ever exhaust every resource provided on our site.

If you are new, or just looking for guidance, here are some helpful links to get you started.

What are the benefits of VIP Membership?
VIP members get exclusive access to these proven and tested premium indicators: Buy the Dip, Advanced Market Moves 2.0, Take Profit, and Volatility Trading Range. In addition, VIP members get access to over 50 VIP-only custom indicators, add-ons, and strategies, private VIP-only forums, private Discord channel to discuss trades and strategies in real-time, customer support, trade alerts, and much more. Learn all about VIP membership here.
How can I access the premium indicators?
To access the premium indicators, which are plug and play ready, sign up for VIP membership here.
Back