/ES Trading Strategy on ThinkorSwim

D

diego

VIP
Hi, Maddy91 would be possible to get the link for tos for your posted chart.

Thank you,

blakecmathis

blakecmathis

@maddy91 Yep and it could have just as easily turned against you and gone 7-10 points south. Nothing wrong with grabbing some green brotha!!! I use the Bollinger Band Stop Loss.

M

maddy91

@BenTen @blakecmathis @markos @skynetgen thinking out loud, there should a chat option here too for a thread . that would be fun and helpful. :)

M

maddy91

THANK!! I am in,
a chatroom for usethinkscript users only would be nice.

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@diego That indicator is already available in the Warehouse forum. You should be able to find it in there :) Let me know if you have any issues doing so.

S

shizah

@blakecmathis - what indicator are you using to color the candles?

Thanks!

MBF

MBF

2019 Donor
@blakecmathis Hi there. I am starting to understand the FE. However, THIS is why it confuses me. Added the :unsure:❓ to your chart above. Can you explain how to stay in when the FE has reached 4 and the trend continues? 🙏 Chart below.

horserider

horserider

VIP
@MBF The FE is not directional. Looking closely the price did a small consolidation at the time of low FE then the FE began rising but is not directional so it is telling you the price trend was exhausted and then is moving with more energy again but not telling you what direction. Use the other indicators or watch the price to see the direction. Put the VWAP with fractual energy indicator on your chart and watch how it interacts with price. Maybe that will help you visualize better how FE interacts with the price.

Reactions: MBF
RickKennedy

RickKennedy

@blakecmathis , @skynetgen, @horserider ....what's the importance of using MARK instead of LAST price type? (Not sure I even know what 'MARK' means.) I often switch back and forth between the 1000t/2000t setup to 1m/5m (because some divergences don't work quite as well on the tick charts). When I do so, some indicators don't display on the 1m/5m charts. For example, I was using the setup actually provided directly from you @blakecmathis , and when I switched it to display 1m/5m, my VWAP didn't display until I changed price type to LAST.

Thanks!

MBF

MBF

2019 Donor
@horserider Thank you for responding. I know FE isnt directional but what confused me in Blakes chart was that FE had reached 4 meaning trend was petering out then it was just consolidation and another run down for a bit. Oh I see what you're saying. So even if it hits 4 it doesn't mean THAT specific trend will end but a heads up of possible change. Thank goodness I am pretty good at PA! Sheesh. Thank you again.

horserider

horserider

VIP
@MBF PA? Yes the current direction may become exhausted but can regain energy in the same direction. Look at that study I mentioned. Should help in seeing when this happens while comparing it to the FE already on your chart.

T

Talochka

@horserider Thank you for responding. I know FE isnt directional but what confused me in Blakes chart was that FE had reached 4 meaning trend was petering out then it was just consolidation and another run down for a bit. Oh I see what you're saying. So even if it hits 4 it doesn't mean THAT specific trend will end but a heads up of possible change. Thank goodness I am pretty good at PA! Sheesh. Thank you again.
what is PA?

blakecmathis

blakecmathis

This is something I came up with a while back after reading a book that @theelderwand prescribed. I read it every morning. Modify it to your liking. Some Monday motivation:

The Trader's Creed
Today is a new day. I will provide for my family on this day. 90% of people will fail on this day but I am not one one of them. Endless opportunities will be presented to me. It is my responsibility to capitalize. I welcome the risk with open arms. I will lose but I will adapt and overcome. I am an artist. In my absence, the market is a blank canvas. I can not control the charts in front of me. All I can control is my interpretation and actions. I will remain vigilant. I will not hesitate. I am a winner.