/ES Trading Strategy on ThinkorSwim

S

skynetgen

Warehouse
Another day another play. Testing various stuff with larger confirmation timeframe but one thing is clear - the 1000 tick setup by blakecmathis
is amazing. Thanks man!

blakecmathis

blakecmathis

Warehouse
And it kept me out of that mess of news at 10:44 about the trade deal. Had some really beautiful plays today trading 5 contracts so I'm gonna test the waters trading 10 contracts tomorrow.

blakecmathis

blakecmathis

Warehouse
@skynetgen No problem brotha!! Glad you like the setup

blakecmathis

blakecmathis

Warehouse
Still trying to set up are you using regular candles or hiking ashi
Heikin Ashi on the 512t and 100t. Regular old candles on the 1600. Sometimes I'll roll a 3200t chart in there to get a glimpse of the bigger picture. I shared the grid I'm running towards the top of this post. Should be able to just open it up in TOS.

Billions

Billions

VIP
Warehouse
Ok getting the arrows now sorry to be a pain

S

skynetgen

Warehouse
And it kept me out of that mess of news at 10:44 about the trade deal. Had some really beautiful plays today trading 5 contracts so I'm gonna test the waters trading 10 contracts tomorrow.
Careful with sizing up bro. The size by itself can play tricks on you

S

skynetgen

Warehouse
What I really like about the 1000 tick setup is how clearly it shows the true nature of price action. Just look:

blakecmathis

blakecmathis

Warehouse
@skynetgen That's a great analysis brotha. There are numerous recurring patterns on the 1000t that dont appear on any other tick count or time frame (that I'm able to see anyway). Whats that MFO study youre running on the 2000t?

D

DaGekko

VIP
Hey @ blakecmathis for shorts you want FE below the midline and for longs you want it above the midline?

blakecmathis

blakecmathis

Warehouse
@DaGekko I want FE at the very minimum below the midline if not down to at least .4 or lower, for both long AND short positions. You follow me?

blakecmathis

blakecmathis

Warehouse
Hey @ blakecmathis for shorts you want FE below the midline and for longs you want it above the midline?
If you take a look at the grids that me and @skynetgen posted you'll see exactly what I'm talking about.

S

skynetgen

Warehouse
Did not see edge and did not trade because of market setup: Huge gap up to ATH resistance in a bull market. -This usually results in sideways action and/or expanding triangle with choppy small range action
Was focused on analysis and other things. Here is layout for today price action

Last edited:
blakecmathis

blakecmathis

Warehouse
@skynetgen How'd you set up the "Ten" and "Ten30" marks on your chart?