/ES Trading Strategy on ThinkorSwim

blakecmathis

blakecmathis

Warehouse
I'm sure at some point or another this has been done but thought I would try to give something back to this great community. I believe both these indicators are from users on this site but I could be mistaken. One the RSIL and the other some form of RSI I believe, cant remember the exact name. I really like the FE indicator on the RSIL but dont care too much for the rest of it. So I basically just did a fractal energy overlay on top of whatever study this is called. Its no holy grail because there is no such thing, but paired with multiple time frames and known support/resistance it has proved to be an absolutely lethal tool (for me anyways). Usually run a 512, 1000, and 1600 tick chart all with this same setup (minus the slim ribbon on the 1600). Any input is well appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Joreha

VIP
@blakecmathis How do I put it on a chart? Thanks.

S

skynetgen

Warehouse
Which study does the coloring of the candles?

blakecmathis

blakecmathis

Warehouse
@skynetgen That would be the slim ribbon study my man

S

skynetgen

Warehouse
Interesting.
So trying to reverse engineer your system:
  • on 1000 tick /ES chart with HKA candles
  • using the arrows on oscillators to enter? (the arrows by the way are from WaveTrend oscillator not from RSILaguerre)
  • exit on wavetrend curl down and /or slim ribbons momentum change
  • 1600/512 tick wavetrend as confirmation?

Last edited:
blakecmathis

blakecmathis

Warehouse
@skynetgen Correct the buy/sell signals are from the oscillator. Using 1000/1600 as support/resistance and the wave trend and FE as confirmation that a big move is coming or the current trend/cycle is out of gas. I use the 512 primarily just for picking my entry and exit.

blakecmathis

blakecmathis

Warehouse
Interesting.
So trying to reverse engineer your system:
  • on 1000 tick /ES chart with HKA candles
  • using the arrows on oscillators to enter? (the arrows by the way are from WaveTrend oscillator not from RSILaguerre)
  • exit on wavetrend curl down and /or slim ribbons momentum change
  • 1600/512 tick wavetrend as confirmation?
I'll upload some screenshots from today with a better explanation.

S

skynetgen

Warehouse
I tested it today. Did a couple of scalps long. Actually quite satisfied with result. I think you discovered a great /ES scalping setup, mate!
Blue lines I drew premarket.
Entry 1 made my day. I entered at first arrow, added at double bot. Hit my profit target at POC (at that point POC was mid of overnight range)
Entry 2 was late entry and I took profit a bit too early so its more of a scratch trade.

Last edited:
T

TradeUp

VIP
I tested it today. Did a couple of scalps long. Actually quite satisfied with result. I think you discovered a great /ES scalping setup, mate!
Entry 1 made my day. I entered at first arrow, added at double bot. Hit my profit target at POC (at that point POC was mid of overnight range)
Entry 2 was late entry and I took profit a bit too early so its more of a scratch trade.

I see little green arrows at your entry. Did you add those little green arrows? What indicator is that? If you don't mind sharing.

S

skynetgen

Warehouse
I see little green arrows at your entry. Did you add those little green arrows? What indicator is that? If you don't mind sharing.
They are from slim ribbons. Already in setup I just turned them on.

blakecmathis

blakecmathis

Warehouse
@skynetgen you got it brotha! Pure scalping strategy all intraday. I dont trust the signals from the 512 chart without confirmation because it is such a short time frame. The FE indicator doesn't necessarily mean that the current run is over because it could indicate some type of consolidation/head fake. Although I'm not quite sure yet how to incorporate a max FE reading into my strategy so still working on that.
But for now: S&R + FE low reading + Buy/Sell Signal = open position. I know there's probably someone out there who can explain this alot better than myslef.

L

Leminhat

VIP
Thank you @blakecmathis for sharing. I love your 1000t chart.
I only replace the Anchored VWAP as HullMA. Seems work really well.

Billions

Billions

VIP
Warehouse

@skynetgen can you send me this set up I like what you did Im testing it with futures