/ES Trading Strategy on ThinkorSwim

blakecmathis

I'm sure at some point or another this has been done but thought I would try to give something back to this great community. I believe both these indicators are from users on this site but I could be mistaken. One the RSIL and the other some form of RSI I believe, cant remember the exact name. I really like the FE indicator on the RSIL but dont care too much for the rest of it. So I basically just did a fractal energy overlay on top of whatever study this is called. Its no holy grail because there is no such thing, but paired with multiple time frames and known support/resistance it has proved to be an absolutely lethal tool (for me anyways). Usually run a 512, 1000, and 1600 tick chart all with this same setup (minus the slim ribbon on the 1600). Any input is well appreciated.

MnJWGUT.png

Original version with indicators (grid chart) https://tos.mx/4gmXmj2

Last edited by a moderator:

skynetgen

Interesting.
So trying to reverse engineer your system:
  • on 1000 tick /ES chart with HKA candles
  • using the arrows on oscillators to enter? (the arrows by the way are from WaveTrend oscillator not from RSILaguerre)
  • exit on wavetrend curl down and /or slim ribbons momentum change
  • 1600/512 tick wavetrend as confirmation?

Last edited:

blakecmathis

@skynetgen Correct the buy/sell signals are from the oscillator. Using 1000/1600 as support/resistance and the wave trend and FE as confirmation that a big move is coming or the current trend/cycle is out of gas. I use the 512 primarily just for picking my entry and exit.

blakecmathis

Interesting.
So trying to reverse engineer your system:
  • on 1000 tick /ES chart with HKA candles
  • using the arrows on oscillators to enter? (the arrows by the way are from WaveTrend oscillator not from RSILaguerre)
  • exit on wavetrend curl down and /or slim ribbons momentum change
  • 1600/512 tick wavetrend as confirmation?
I'll upload some screenshots from today with a better explanation.

skynetgen

I tested it today. Did a couple of scalps long. Actually quite satisfied with result. I think you discovered a great /ES scalping setup, mate!
Blue lines I drew premarket.
Entry 1 made my day. I entered at first arrow, added at double bot. Hit my profit target at POC (at that point POC was mid of overnight range)
Entry 2 was late entry and I took profit a bit too early so its more of a scratch trade.

XHkgDY1.jpg

Last edited:

TradeUp

2019 Donor
I tested it today. Did a couple of scalps long. Actually quite satisfied with result. I think you discovered a great /ES scalping setup, mate!
Entry 1 made my day. I entered at first arrow, added at double bot. Hit my profit target at POC (at that point POC was mid of overnight range)
Entry 2 was late entry and I took profit a bit too early so its more of a scratch trade.

XHkgDY1.jpg
I see little green arrows at your entry. Did you add those little green arrows? What indicator is that? If you don't mind sharing.

blakecmathis

@skynetgen you got it brotha! Pure scalping strategy all intraday. I dont trust the signals from the 512 chart without confirmation because it is such a short time frame. The FE indicator doesn't necessarily mean that the current run is over because it could indicate some type of consolidation/head fake. Although I'm not quite sure yet how to incorporate a max FE reading into my strategy so still working on that.
But for now: S&R + FE low reading + Buy/Sell Signal = open position. I know there's probably someone out there who can explain this alot better than myslef.

Billions

2019 Donor
VIP

XHkgDY1.jpg
@skynetgen can you send me this set up I like what you did Im testing it with futures

blakecmathis

And it kept me out of that mess of news at 10:44 about the trade deal. Had some really beautiful plays today trading 5 contracts so I'm gonna test the waters trading 10 contracts tomorrow.

New Indicator: Buy the Dip

Check out our Buy the Dip indicator and see how it can help you find profitable swing trading ideas. Scanner, watchlist columns, and add-ons are included.

Download the indicator