Auto Place Buy And Sell Orders In ThinkOrSwim

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

Hello everyone,
I am a new to Thnikscript and using the below script, which shows the crossover including arrows when it happenes but the code doesn;t BUY or SELL automatically, any reason why. Thanking you in advance.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

input longEntries = yes;
input ShortEntries = no;
#-------------------------------------------------------
# For future , we would always like to trade only "1" contract, at a time
#-------------------------------------------------------
input qty = 1;
input FastEMALength = 13;
input SlowEMALength = 48;
input AverageTypeFast = AverageType.EXPONENTIAL;
input AverageTypeSlow = AverageType.EXPONENTIAL;

plot fastMA = MovingAverage ( AverageTypeFast, close, FastEMALength );

plot slowMA = MovingAverage ( AverageTypeSlow, close, SlowEMALength );

AddOrder ( OrderType.BUY_TO_OPEN , ( longEntries) and fastMA crosses above slowMA, close, qty);

AddOrder ( OrderType.SELL_TO_CLOSE, fastMA crosses below slowMA, close, qty);

AddOrder ( OrderType.SELL_TO_OPEN, ( ShortEntries ) and fastMA crosses above slowMA, close, qty);

AddOrder ( OrderType.BUY_TO_CLOSE, fastMA crosses above slowMA, close, qty);
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hello everyone,
I am a new to Thnikscript and using the below script, which shows the crossover including arrows when it happenes but the code doesn;t BUY or SELL automatically, any reason why. Thanking you in advance.
The above script is for testing purposes only. The ToS platform does not support auto buying/selling.

Thanks MerryDay, you mean there is an issue with trhis script or for any indicator the automatic buy / sell doesn;t work ??

so that mean do I have to take an action of buy and sell for each crossover ??

Since so far mainly I am using TOS for options and want to explore more for micro futures trading, I have been using Nionja traders which does allowes strategy to buy/sell as per your code, so want to know if TOS support the same or not ??

Thanks

one more question , in that case what is the use of ADDORDER function ?? just want to know if it doesn;t perform buy/sell ??
AddOrder is for backtesting purposes only. The ToS platform does not support auto buying/selling. Orders can be placed manually or there
is limited conditional orders that can be placed but they are one-time only and then expire.

Thanks a lot MerryDay for your reply. Appreciate your help. I was under impression that like as many other tools for trading we can do the same here in TOS too, but good to know. appreciate your help.

Hi Everyone,
Is there a way to enter Long when the price crosses above a Trendline and enter Short when price crosses below the same trendline. I have seen similar things done with SMA and other Studies but not with a trendline. Any idea

@moxiesmiley For example in Thinkorswim i draw a Horizontal trendline somewhere on the chart and now want the trades to be automade across that line.
Autotrade is not available in the ToS platform.
Nor can Conditional Orders interface with manual drawn artifacts.

I have been able to Auto generate Signals using [ plot signal = if low crosses above or high crosses below ( given price) then 1 else 0;].
Here low/high refers to candle stick's low/high and i think changing it to Market price might achive the goal.

I have been through the Condition Wizard thoroghly. The limitation here is it executes the order only once and not after that whenever the condition is met.

@MerryDay Ah, got it. It seems alot of traders are stuck in the same situation. Hopefully we will find a way. Thanks alot for the help, much appreciated.

Can anyone please help me with this?
Can ThinkScript put a stock buy/sell order automatically?
Can ThinkScript write something like "result: 30.50; time: xxx; result: 10.00; time: yyy;" automatically to my local computer drive?

From what I have read so far, thinkscript cannot put stock buy/sell order automatically, thinkscript cannot write to local computer. But I am still hoping there is a way to do that.

I am thinking to do testing, when a condition is met, I'd like to write some information on my computer. Thanks!

Can anyone please help me with this?
Can ThinkScript put a stock buy/sell order automatically?
Can ThinkScript write something like "result: 30.50; time: xxx; result: 10.00; time: yyy;" automatically to my local computer drive?

From what I have read so far, thinkscript cannot put stock buy/sell order automatically, thinkscript cannot write to local computer. But I am still hoping there is a way to do that.

I am thinking to do testing, when a condition is met, I'd like to write some information on my computer. Thanks!
The ToS platform does not provide a means for auto-trading.
https://usethinkscript.com/threads/auto-trade-algo-in-tos.7546/

Members have exported data to excel. I am not sure that all the data you are looking for is available.
https://usethinkscript.com/threads/...a-from-thinkorswim-for-external-analysis.507/