Distribution Testing In ThinkOrSwim

@mcdon030 I think it works well - but it also suits my trading, which is short term, and higher level of trading than most. Requires a bunch of concentration, but I am hoping others will speak up and use it with money and not paper trading, then we can get some real life experience in a wider universe.

Congrats on your creation!

Not finished yet, but thanks. It may take a few months.

If it's too good be to true, it is. However, still modifying as you can see
new1.png
new2.png

Attachments

• new1.png
    new1.png
    329 KB · Views: 252

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

@mcdon030 very interesting stuff. Some questions, what does BTOsig[-1] mean in the strategy you shared? Specifically what is the difference between [1] and [-1]? Could you provide some white papers or websites where I can learn more about Anova?

@mcdon030 - I guess with some diligence on someone's part and, trading only 1 or 2 lots daily, even if your script only generates 10% of the hypothetical profits in real trading, someone could still make a nice living with limited risk.

I'm hoping our collective here will begin testing soon in a wider number of symbols and time frames.

Adjusted the time setting to generate overnight signals and traded RTY short signal on 15 min chart with entry around 4:30 am EST (live account not paper trading). Took a little heat but stayed in the trade and took profits shortly after market open. This strat is quickly becoming my favorite for short time frames!

I was in a hurry. Update these lines:

BTOA =isopen && angledegrees <bullanglemult&& plot4>Plot3 && bn>=lowestbn && close crosses above Plot3 && isup;
def STCB = isopen && close crosses below entryPricestopu;
def BTCB = isopen && close crosses above entryPricestope;
to:
BTOA =isopen && plot4<Plot3 && bn>=lowestbn && close crosses above Plot3 && isup;
def STCB = isopen && close crosses below entryPricestopu[1];
def BTCB = isopen && close crosses above entryPricestope[1];

I won't be releasing any more versions until it's complete so mistakes like this don't occur. 25% of the original script has been altered already, which resulted in those numbers posted early. Sadly, I was told yesterday a few members here rework custom scripts posted here for resale without giving the author due credit. I've spent quite a lot of time learning to script. It has taken time and effort since I never received a traditional education in CS ...I guess we will see, but you have the blueprint i'm using now to create your own

Thanks Trader Raider for your input

@mcdon, I sincerely appreciate what you've shared here. I cannot code and am in awe of what you've accomplished and your generosity in sharing. If I can do anything to assist you in testing, I am happy to do so. Thank you again for sharing your work. Shame on anyone who hawks it as their own :(

@mcdon030 sorry to hear that man :(. really ****s that someone would do that when you make it open source. If you need help with testing let me know, I would be happy to help as soon as finals are done.

Lol first I need to fully understand ANOVA.

Love this thing! Shorted silver futures this morning on a 15 min short signal at market open (live account not demo). Hit profit target in 8 minutes.

@mcdon030 - I hope you will continue with this work and disregard the whiners, the critics and the folks who steal your work . Its happened to many of us .

Your best revenge is making millions for yourself and your family and sending photos of your Fifth Ave condo!

I was in a hurry. Update these lines:

BTOA =isopen && angledegrees <bullanglemult&& plot4>Plot3 && bn>=lowestbn && close crosses above Plot3 && isup;
def STCB = isopen && close crosses below entryPricestopu;
def BTCB = isopen && close crosses above entryPricestope;
to:
BTOA =isopen && plot4<Plot3 && bn>=lowestbn && close crosses above Plot3 && isup;
def STCB = isopen && close crosses below entryPricestopu[1];
def BTCB = isopen && close crosses above entryPricestope[1];

I won't be releasing any more versions until it's complete so mistakes like this don't occur. 25% of the original script has been altered already, which resulted in those numbers posted early. Sadly, I was told yesterday a few members here rework custom scripts posted here for resale without giving the author due credit. I've spent quite a lot of time learning to script. It has taken time and effort since I never received a traditional education in CS ...I guess we will see, but you have the blueprint i'm using now to create your own

Thanks Trader Raider for your input
I appreciate and love this script you've created. I have one question I have been traveling and got lost in the thread. Which version is the version you recommend for the long and short strategy? Thank you very much.

I appreciate and love this script you've created. I have one question I have been traveling and got lost in the thread. Which version is the version you recommend for the long and short strategy? Thank you very much.

The last one posted but update the lines posted early. There is a manual input for long, short or both now. I would suggest both.

The last one posted but update the lines posted early. There is a manual input for long, short or both now. I would suggest both.

@mcdon030
So I have been reading through the code this weekend to try and understand this better. So using the latest code your using Laguerre MAs as indicators? TestABC1 and TestABC2 are a bit confusing can you explain it a bit more?

Also on 3/5, XLF, there is a short entry but only the stop dashes appears not the short arrow why is that?

I was successful papertrading options with 5 , 15 and 30 min aggregation with CSCO, TSLA, DIS and UNH. However, please understand I'm not done yet. The whole idea wasn't the indicator but a path to create one and this was the first step.

The next Anova test is Gamma multiplier for multiple aggregations as mentioned in a previous post. .05 is fantastic daily, but that's really all I'm confident with regards to a gamma multiplier and a particular aggregation. After that, position sizing.

That said, I noticed that I needed to limit intraday signals from occurring after 1545 and initiating stop if currently in an open trade (no overnight trades) so it's added and reversal alerts. Maybe the following will help you since I don't have a trade plan built yet:

indicator with the additions mentioned: https://tos.mx/P559NHT
A watchlist set to 2 mins : https://tos.mx/oI8iO4B

-mcdon

@mcdon030 So I have been trying to understand your code this weekend and I have been stuck on the lowestbn variable, what is it calculating? What are you trying to find with bn>= lowestbn?

Thanks much appreciated.

A question to those who have looked at this in real time - it looks to me (just from using the OnDemand feature) like the buy or sell signals are not always generated at the start of a new bar. Is that the case? If so, how have you handled it?

#mcd. I am new here and apologies for these noob questions but a: does the strategy repaint and b: how can I adjust the number of contracts please.

@mcdon030 Hello Mcdon... I'm so glad to find this post and your indicator. Like you, I've Six Sigma background but very new to trading and coding. I like your ANOVA and DOE concept. I'll try them out and post results.