Difference between TOS desktop and TOS mobile (android)

SugarTrader

VIP
Hi, I notice that TOS mobile does not show correct indicator.
for example, please compare RSI length 5 on 1h chart between TOS desktop and TOS mobile.
Do you see the same values? I don't :(

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
That is because the chart on your ToS mobile app uses a slightly different setting. More specifically, it has the option called "Start aggregations at market open" unchecked.

You can make the ToS desktop version to match your mobile app but not vice versa.

6yRRjm5.png

Also, pay attention to see if extended hours is enabled for either version. That could change the value of the same indicator.

SugarTrader

VIP
Thanks @BenTen , you really know this tool well. after almost 1 year of usage, I never really paid attention to that option. In fact, I still don't understand for sure what that means concretely, but you are right, it has quite an impact on the value of indicator.

Now, I am thinking.....When defining scan parameters...is there a way to tell if this option should be on or off? I don't find any.

easyman

VIP
Hello Folks,

Got a weird problem.. for some reason for daily aggregation .. the OPEN or DAILY_OPEN command does not get the proper open value for the symbol.

Say on Mar 3rd (today) at 6.30 AM... the symbol MTB got opened at 154.98 but the command gives 156.16.

The only thing i can see is , it's getting the last price of 6.30 AM PST , closed at 156.16. ... but that is not the open price...

Any idea please

Regards
MN

easyman

VIP
I meant the 6.30 AM , 1 min the last price was 156.16 but the open for the 1 min was 154.98 ... but the DAILY period shows 156.16... instead of 154.98

Thanks

gavin

I would like to scan for inside 60min bars, which is a bar that is completely within the previous bar's range. However, my strategy involves hiding extended hours trading and also ensuring that start aggregations at market open is enabled.

That last one is causing me a problem Setting up the scan, setting the aggregation period, and then unchecking the EXT option for extended hours works well, but the aggregation does not match up correctly. Basically my 60min bars begin at 9:30 and close hourly after that.

Here's my script example:

Code:
high[1] <= high[2] and low[1] >= low[2]

Is there a way that I can use that custom script in the scanner to find tickers that satisfy my search while start aggregations at market open is enabled?