DAS Linear Regression to TOS

Afghan1

LINEAR REGRESSION IN TOS, EXACT SAME AS DAS

There are many studies out there that is similar to linear regression as das but its not the exact same thing. looking for custom built that matches das to the exact T

-i know linear regression in das fluctuates based on time but if we can get one that starts with premarket to todays time, regardless of what chart you in, would be awesome.

p.s. i have tried out all the linear regression channels & diff variation in tos

Solution
Unfortunately, there isn't much that can be done to make it an exact replica without the code for the original indicator. Fitting a model to data (what needs to be done if there is no source code -- essentially looking at hundreds of charts to see if they match) is beyond my time available. To give a taste of what flavours linear regressions can come in look at this page:
https://www.kdnuggets.com/2020/09/solving-linear-regression.html
"The most common methods [of calculating linear regression] are
  1. Gradient Descent
  2. Least Square Method / Normal Equation Method
  3. Adams Method
  4. Singular Value Decomposition (SVD)"
And then it goes on to detail how to calculate using any of these methods.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad...
Do you have code, or a link to code for the DAS study you are thinking of? There are subtle differences between platforms which may influence the indicator in a way that makes you construe it as 'not exactly the same'. Asking for a custom coding job without coding or explaining what makes one indicator better or more interesting than another is difficult to fulfill.

You say you have checked out the regressions in ToS... why are they insufficient (as in what would I be gaining by coding up this one)

my 2.8¢

-mashume

Do you have code, or a link to code for the DAS study you are thinking of? There are subtle differences between platforms which may influence the indicator in a way that makes you construe it as 'not exactly the same'. Asking for a custom coding job without coding or explaining what makes one indicator better or more interesting than another is difficult to fulfill.

You say you have checked out the regressions in ToS... why are they insufficient (as in what would I be gaining by coding up this one)

my 2.8¢

-mashume
Algos on das use linear regression. If it can be translated to tos exactly, it would benefit the person using tos. I have been trading for +14 years. I have both charts up.

What is The difference or why is tos and das different? I have no idea.

The ideal timeframe should only use price action from intraday premarket 4 am till current time

Algos on das use linear regression. If it can be translated to tos exactly, it would benefit the person using tos. I have been trading for +14 years. I have both charts up.

What is The difference or why is tos and das different? I have no idea.

The ideal timeframe should only use price action from intraday premarket 4 am till current time
hello,
mashume was asking you to post the das code.
if you want a das indicator converted to thinkscript, then please post the code for the das indicator.
my 2 cents, I like a challenge and occasionally have converted some pine scripts. But only if the original code was provided. ( and if i can find a web link that lists all the script functions)
I won't go looking for what might be the desired source code, spend time converting it, then find out it isn't the one the original poster was thinking of.

hello,
mashume was asking you to post the das code.
if you want a das indicator converted to thinkscript, then please post the code for the das indicator.
my 2 cents, I like a challenge and occasionally have converted some pine scripts. But only if the original code was provided. ( and if i can find a web link that lists all the script functions)
I won't go looking for what might be the desired source code, spend time converting it, then find out it isn't the one the original poster was thinking of.
I have access to das but I don’t know how to get the code for linear regression. The only variable that is important from trading perspective is that it must use intraday including premarket price action. It shouldn’t use multi day

Unfortunately, there isn't much that can be done to make it an exact replica without the code for the original indicator. Fitting a model to data (what needs to be done if there is no source code -- essentially looking at hundreds of charts to see if they match) is beyond my time available. To give a taste of what flavours linear regressions can come in look at this page:
https://www.kdnuggets.com/2020/09/solving-linear-regression.html
"The most common methods [of calculating linear regression] are
  1. Gradient Descent
  2. Least Square Method / Normal Equation Method
  3. Adams Method
  4. Singular Value Decomposition (SVD)"
And then it goes on to detail how to calculate using any of these methods.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but there are way more variables than the length of data the indicator is looking at.

Happy Trading,
mashume

Solution

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.