Darvas Box Indicator

P

ProfessorAR15

Good afternoon everyone! Before I get into my question, I spent some time trying to find my answer instead of just throwing it up here. I have been talking with my circle about finding a way to acquire an indicator on Thinkorswim for the Darvas Box. Versions of this question have been asked, and I saw a post for a consolidation box, but it was not what we were looking for.

Is there a way to develop a custom Darvas Box indicator?

Additionally, TOS has a darvas box study, but it too does not do what we are looking for.

This indicator that we are looking for would need to have the ability to draw a box that follows the definition/criteria of a Darvas Box.

I do not mean to ask in a vague way, but I just am at a road block. Any insight would be appreciated!

rad14733

rad14733

VIP
@ProfessorAR15 The problem with your request is the automatic drawing of boxes which is something TOS does not support... That is why it isn't present in the Thinkscripts you have found... 💡

P

ProfessorAR15

Do you have any suggestions on how to get as close to one as possible?

rad14733

rad14733

VIP
Do you have any suggestions on how to get as close to one as possible?
I would have to research further... I started to a couple months ago but never finished up... Not sure when I could get to it though...

Edited to add: You can plot the top and bottom lines if you know the logic...

P

ProfessorAR15

I would have to research further... I started to a couple months ago but never finished up... Not sure when I could get to it though...
I understand. Thank you for your quick reply.

rad14733

rad14733

VIP
@ProfessorAR15 HERE is another version of the Darvas Box script...

Edited to Add: THIS LINK has a shared study with the Simpler Trading Darvas Box Thinkscript...

Last edited: