CSA Trading Dashboard for ThinkorSwim

@markos To fix the typo @diazlaz eluded to earlier, just replace the pDB1.AssignValueColor statement with the following, it just switches the order of the colors.

Code:
pDB1.AssignValueColor(if IsNaN(sState) then Color.DARK_GRAY else if sState == 100 then COLOR.GREEN else COLOR.RED);

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

@pk1729 If you search for True Momentum Oscillator you will see several other versions...you will also find a MTF TMO version. I am looking for an indicator that is very responsive on higher timeframes of 30 min and up...TMO is lagging especially when not in a trending market on higher time frames. As far as RSI in Laguerre...no matter how much I read up on it...it still does not make much sense to me.
@HighBredCloud It's understandable that you feel that the TMO is laggy on longer TF's in a non-trending market. That would be true of any oscillator and a good reason for a CSA. In a non-trending market, indicators such as ADX are often used.

@markos I agree...typically all oscillators are laggy in non trending markets...which ADX study do you recommend? I've been reading the ONEDRIVE you attached before...so much info and so many indicators...hard to see which is actually worthwhile...I guess it comes down to preference or a nice balance between the different types of indicators...Did you by any chance have time to think which would work good in a longer term CSA study?

There are so many ADX types... I don't really have a preference. For a longer term CSA, I'm partial to a daily and weekly TMO.
Slim Miller at askslim.com introduced me to his Long-Term chart which is a MOBO Basic with a 20 period HullMA on a weekly or monthly chart.

As far as the Onedrive, Look at the 2 other OneNotes that are attached in #14 - JQ's workbench.

@markos I had a good chuckle when I read your forwarded message a few days ago. You might want to also look into the macc as well. Paris would have a much better handle on that

@pk1729 If you search for True Momentum Oscillator you will see several other versions...you will also find a MTF TMO version. I am looking for an indicator that is very responsive on higher timeframes of 30 min and up...TMO is lagging especially when not in a trending market on higher time frames. As far as RSI in Laguerre...no matter how much I read up on it...it still does not make much sense to me.

@HighBredCloud I use TMO Multi Time Frame on my daily and weekly charts along with RSI Lig. I never felt TMO was lagging. It's unfortunate that it didn't work out well for you.

I shared the daily TMO created from Multi timeframe TMO.

See post # 87 on this thread for the very last version I released, sometime in mid November 2019. Since then there have been additional work done on it that I did not follow. Fire at will, so to speak.

@MBF Girl, you're killin' me! Excellent job with that layout! (y) :) 🙃 :eek: & freaky :alien:
Love what you did with the TMO-RSILg without the Fractal Energy. Notice how nice it lines up with the LBR310? Excellent!
Now, please do a tos.mx share for the class. Thanks!

btw, how did it trade?
Next thing to learn is volatility to ignore vs volatility to respect.

Last edited:
@markos hey hey! My computer just ran out of juice so I will upload the grid tomorrow or tonight if I can’t stay away ( usually the case)
I love it. That’s the daily, trying to figure out the bear/bull flag thing. 🙄
It works great on all TF but for intra, excellant. Made good money today scalping. I can upload my 15/5/2 set up too. It’s so simple. Not too too busy. And don’t get on me about VWAP!

@MBF and @markos, can you one of you explain the bottom multiple study indicator. How do you use it for entry and exit.

Thanks for creating such a complex indicator set. Nice to see it along with TMO and RSI Lg, two of my favorite indicators :)

@diazlaz can you add higher aggregation to the script in post #155 kind of like what @Townsend did in his Heikin Ashi script below?

Code:
## Heiken Aski Multi-Time Frame
## 2019 Paul Townsend v3

input UsePeriod = aggregationperiod.ten_MIN;

def aOpen = open(period = usePeriod);
def aClose = close(period = usePeriod);
def aHigh = high(period = usePeriod);
def aLow = low(period = usePeriod);

def haClose = (aOpen + aClose + aHigh + aLow)/4;
def haOpen = (haOpen[1] + haClose[1]) /2;

assignpriceColor(if haOpen < haClose then color.green else
if haOpen > haClose then color.red else color.white);

addlabel(yes,"[" + useperiod/60000 + "]",color.white);

@markos...this is actually quite useful...Thanks. I definitely can use some of those studies...On a side note... I've tried to attempt to convert the MTF Heikin Ashi that @Townsend made to the same format as @diazlaz made but I failed...can any coder out there help me out? I would really appreciate it as I'd like to use it with the Trend Momentum Cycle CSA study @diazlaz worked on...
Code:
## Heiken Aski Multi-Time Frame
## 2019 Paul Townsend v3

input UsePeriod = AggregationPeriod.TEN_MIN;

def aOpen = open(period = UsePeriod);
def aClose = close(period = UsePeriod);
def aHigh = high(period = UsePeriod);
def aLow = low(period = UsePeriod);

def haClose = (aOpen + aClose + aHigh + aLow) / 4;
def haOpen = (haOpen[1] + haClose[1]) / 2;

#AssignPriceColor(if haOpen < haClose then Color.GRAY else
#if haOpen > haClose then Color.DOWNTICK else Color.WHITE);

AddLabel(yes, "[" + UsePeriod / 60000 + "]", Color.WHITE);

# STATE
    def sState1 = if HAclose > HAopen then 100 else -100;

plot data = sState1;#} #end of HeikinAshiCandles
#</SCRIPT>

# STATE

#def sState = HeikinAshiCandles();

# LOWER PLOT

plot pDB1 = -20.00;
pDB1.AssignValueColor(
if IsNaN(sState1) then Color.DARK_GRAY else
if sState1 == 100 then Color.GREEN else
Color.RED);
pDB1.SetPaintingStrategy (PaintingStrategy.HORIZONTAL);
pDB1.SetLineWeight(5);
pDB1.HideTitle();
pDB1.HideBubble();

# END OF EXAMPLE PLOT

Hi All, Just wanted to check, how do we setup this indicator in the SCAN?
Example : I would like to get the stocks where the MACD dot is Neg UP and previous day was Neg down..

Hi All, Just wanted to check, how do we setup this indicator in the SCAN?
Example : I would like to get the stocks where the MACD dot is Neg UP and previous day was Neg down..
Happy Saturday ! Just wanted to check ,if anyone get a chance to take a look into it. Thank you !

Happy Saturday ! Just wanted to check ,if anyone get a chance to take a look into it. Thank you !
Crickets... All I hear is crickets... You might have to get to coding... If someone had been interested and came up with some code it would have been posted...