Create MTF Hull

JP782

This is the orig main script for the Hull Suite Ive been trying every combination(2 examples below) to make into a MTF nothing works.

def hma = wma(2 * wma(src, length / 2) - wma(src, length), round(sqrt(length)));

Can someone help me out??
---------------------------------------

Example:
def hma = wma(2 * (wma(src, length / 2) (period = time))- (wma(src, length), round(sqrt(length))(period = time)));

Eaxmple:
def hma = wma(period = time)(2 * wma(period = time)(src(period = time), length / 2) - wma(period = time)(src(period = time), length), round(period = time)(sqrt(period = time)(length)));

Solution
This is the orig main script for the Hull Suite Ive been trying every combination(2 examples below) to make into a MTF nothing works.

def hma = wma(2 * wma(src, length / 2) - wma(src, length), round(sqrt(length)));

Example:
def hma = wma(2 * (wma(src, length / 2) (period = time))- (wma(src, length), round(sqrt(length))(period = time)));

Eaxmple:
def hma = wma(period = time)(2 * wma(period = time)(src(period = time), length / 2) - wma(period = time)(src(period = time), length), round(period = time)(sqrt(period = time)(length)));

Try this

Ruby:
input agg = AggregationPeriod.FIVE_MIN...

SleepyZ

VIP
Lifetime

Example:

Eaxmple:

Try this

Ruby:
input agg = AggregationPeriod.FIVE_MIN;
input len = 20;

def price = close(period=agg);

plot HMA  = WMA(2 * WMA(price, len / 2) - WMA( price, len), Sqrt(len));
HMA.DefineColor("Up", GetColor(1));
HMA.DefineColor("Down", GetColor(0));
HMA.AssignValueColor(if HMA > HMA[1] then HMA.color("Up") else HMA.color("Down"));

Solution

halcyonguy

VIP
Lifetime

Example:

Eaxmple:

hi @SleepyZ looks like we tackled this one about the same time. heh

because the plot uses 2nd agg data , there will be horizontal sections of the line, which will have the down color.

----------------------------------

i have seen problems with several 2nd agg functions within a formula, so i separated them out. maybe it's only an issue when they are of different times.

-----------------------------------

there may be a couple of possibilities for why you don't see a plot.

..thinkscript doesn't like formulas that try to calculate 2+ values from (different) 2nd aggregation(s).
it is best to separate the formulas, to calculate the value for each 2nd agg item.
then combine those variables into a final formula. this is what i did.

..there may be an error in your formulas. but we won't know, because you didn't post your complete code.
i don't know what you have set up for time =

this plots a stepped line. there are horizontal sections.
because of this i added a variable called dir, that is used to drive the plot color.

Ruby:
def na = double.nan;
def bn = barnumber();

input agg1 = AggregationPeriod.DAY;
def cls_agg1 = close(period = agg1);

input wma_len1 = 20;

# set vars for 1 and 2
def wma1 = wma(cls_agg1, floor(wma_len1 / 2));
def wma2 = wma(cls_agg1, wma_len1);

# do the final wma of the prev 2
#  def hma = wma(2 * wma1(src, length / 2) - wma2(src, length), round(sqrt(length)));
def lenx = floor( sqrt( wma_len1));
def wmamtf = wma( ((2 * wma1) - wma2)  , lenx);

# direction, use for plot color
def dir = if bn == 1 then 0
  else if wmamtf > wmamtf[1] then 1
  else if wmamtf < wmamtf[1] then -1
  else dir[1];

plot z9 = wmamtf;
z9.AssignValueColor(if dir > 0 then color.green else color.red);

#-----------------------------------

input test2_bubbles = no;
addchartbubble(test2_bubbles, low, 
wma1 + " 1\n" +
wma2 + " 2\n" +
wmamtf + " 3"
, color.yellow, no);

input test1 = no;
plot z1 = if test1 then wma1 else na;
plot z2 = if test1 then wma2 else na;
#
#

V8LG5Bm.jpg

JP782

Heres what I have... it works for most part
makes odd redlines when its green

2RhNYOM.png

Code:
input length = 60; #Length(180-200 for floating S/R , 55 for swing entry)

input switchColor = yes; #Color Hull according to trend?

input candleCol = NO; #Color candles based on Hull's Trend?

input cloudSwitch = yes; #Show as a Band?

input thicknesSwitch = 1; #Line Thickness

input price= close; 

input time= aggregationPeriod.FIVE_MIN;

# (period = time)

def na = Double.NaN;

def hma = wma(   2 * wma(close(period = time), length / 2) - wma(close(period = time), length), round(sqrt(length))   );

# PLOTS

def HULL = hma;

def MHULL = HULL[0];

def SHULL = HULL[2];

plot Fi1 = MHULL;

Fi1.AssignValueColor(

if HULL > HULL[2] then COLOR.GREEN else COLOR.RED

);

Fi1.SetLineWeight(thicknesSwitch);

plot Fi2 = SHULL;

Fi2.AssignValueColor(

if HULL > HULL[2] then COLOR.GREEN else COLOR.RED

);

Fi2.SetLineWeight(thicknesSwitch);

Fi2.SetHiding(!cloudSwitch);

AddCloud (if cloudSwitch then Fi1 else na, Fi2);

def condHull = HULL > HULL[2];

def Five = if condHull and !condHull[1] then close(period = AggregationPeriod.FIVE_MIN) else double.Nan;

plot bullish = close == close(period = AggregationPeriod.FIVE_MIN) and !Isnan(Five);

bullish.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.Boolean_ARROW_UP);

bullish.SetDefaultColor(color.DARK_ORANGE);

bullish.setlineweight(5);

cpntexas

MTF can be a great thing, or not so great in TOS due to the "feature" you are running into in the above solution. I have created quite a number of TOS MTF versions of indicators like MACD Stochastics and Moving averages. Those odd portions of your line are where the aggregation has only some subset [ in the example below a 1:6 ratio], of the data shown in your base timeframe and hence fills in with those aggravating flat spots during those spaces it has no data bars. You can only get a revelation of the next bar in the higher timeframe every X bars of the lower, everything in between is non determinable and hence flat lines or extensions of the last known

Example: If you have a 20 hull ma on a 5minutes and would like to see the 30minute hull 20 an alternate solution for smoother lines than above using the AgggregationPeriod is to do the following:
On a 5 minute chart plot a 20HMA, then on a separate 30 minute chart plot a 20 HMA.
Observe the value on the 30 minute 20 HMA for reference.
Then plot a 120 HMA on the 5 minute chart, the results will be very close to the value observed on the 30 min 20HMA, and difference caused by the lack of data points inside the 30 minute bars that would be closing data points in the 5min bar. This 120 count is derived by the result of dividing Higher Timeframe (30) by the Lower Timeframe (5) = 6, and then multiplying this result (6) by the HMA bar count you want to represent from the Higher Timeframe (20) and results in 120 HMA on the 5 minute chart.
Just a way to get a very close approximate when needing to determine a Higher Timeframe line direction w/out being noisy due to the AggregationPeriod jagged results

JP782

MTF can be a great thing, or not so great in TOS due to the "feature" you are running into in the above solution. I have created quite a number of TOS MTF versions of indicators like MACD Stochastics and Moving averages. Those odd portions of your line are where the aggregation has only some subset [ in the example below a 1:6 ratio], of the data shown in your base timeframe and hence fills in with those aggravating flat spots during those spaces it has no data bars. You can only get a revelation of the next bar in the higher timeframe every X bars of the lower, everything in between is non determinable and hence flat lines or extensions of the last known

Example: If you have a 20 hull ma on a 5minutes and would like to see the 30minute hull 20 an alternate solution for smoother lines than above using the AgggregationPeriod is to do the following:
On a 5 minute chart plot a 20HMA, then on a separate 30 minute chart plot a 20 HMA.
Observe the value on the 30 minute 20 HMA for reference.
Then plot a 120 HMA on the 5 minute chart, the results will be very close to the value observed on the 30 min 20HMA, and difference caused by the lack of data points inside the 30 minute bars that would be closing data points in the 5min bar. This 120 count is derived by the result of dividing Higher Timeframe (30) by the Lower Timeframe (5) = 6, and then multiplying this result (6) by the HMA bar count you want to represent from the Higher Timeframe (20) and results in 120 HMA on the 5 minute chart.
Just a way to get a very close approximate when needing to determine a Higher Timeframe line direction w/out being noisy due to the AggregationPeriod jagged results
Uhhhh that went right over my head

Speeds

http://tos.mx/9xfxFN8
https://tos.mx/NWbQ0lW

Here's a couple HMA Strategy Grids I tweaked code I got on this site. The p&l was about $30M/year on /NQ daily chart. I'm studying trying to learn thinkscript. I never coded before a couple months ago till I found this forum. I'm not sure how to post screenshot yet.

Code:
# ########################################################
# TOS HullMovingAVg
input HMA1Length = 10;
input HMA2Length = 20;
input Price = HL2;
input displace = 2;

plot HMA1 = MovingAverage(AverageType.HULL, Price, HMA1Length); #12
plot HMA2 = MovingAverage(AverageType.HULL, Price, HMA2Length)[-displace]; #89

def HMA1up = HMA1 > HMA1[1];
def HMA2up = HMA2 > HMA2[1];
plot HMAup = HMA1up and HMA2up ;

def HMA1dn = HMA1 < HMA1[1];
def HMA2dn = HMA2 < HMA2[1];
plot HMAdn = HMA1dn and HMA2dn ;

HMA1.SetLineWeight(2);
HMA1.DefineColor("Positive", Color.BLUE);
HMA1.DefineColor("Negative", Color.YELLOW);
HMA1.AssignValueColor(if HMA1 > HMA1[1] then HMA1.Color("Positive") else HMA1.Color("Negative"));

HMA2.SetLineWeight(2);
HMA2.DefineColor("Positive", Color.GREEN);
HMA2.DefineColor("Negative", Color.RED);
HMA2.AssignValueColor(if HMA2 > HMA2[1] then HMA2.Color("Positive") else HMA2.Color("Negative"));

AddOrder(OrderType.BUY_TO_OPEN, HMA1 crosses above HMA1[1]);
AddOrder(OrderType.SELL_TO_CLOSE, HMA1 crosses below HMA1[1]);
AddOrder(OrderType.BUY_TO_CLOSE, HMA2 crosses above HMA2[1]);
AddOrder(OrderType.SELL_TO_OPEN, HMA2 crosses below HMA2[1]);

Code:
#Hull_MA_Strategy
input price = close;
input length = 12;
input displace = 3;

plot HMA1 = MovingAverage(AverageType.HULL, price, length);
plot HMA = MovingAverage(AverageType.HULL, price, length)[-displace];

HMA.DefineColor("Bullish", GetColor(1));
HMA.DefineColor("Bearish", GetColor(0));
HMA.AssignValueColor(if HMA > HMA[1] then HMA.Color("Bullish") else HMA.Color("Bearish"));
AssignPriceColor(if HMA > HMA[1] then HMA.Color("Bullish") else HMA.Color("Bearish"));

HMA1.DefineColor("Bullish", GetColor(1));
HMA1.DefineColor("Bearish", GetColor(0));
HMA1.AssignValueColor(if HMA > HMA[1] then HMA.Color("Bullish") else HMA1.Color("Bearish"));
AssignPriceColor(if HMA > HMA[1] then HMA.Color("Bullish") else HMA.Color("Bearish"));
AddOrder(OrderType.BUY_TO_OPEN, HMA crosses above HMA[1]);
AddOrder(OrderType.SELL_TO_CLOSE, HMA crosses below HMA[1]);
AddOrder(OrderType.SELL_TO_OPEN, HMA crosses below HMA[1]);
AddOrder(OrderType.BUY_TO_CLOSE, HMA crosses above HMA[1]);

Last edited: