create high low label

om4

Is it possible to have a label showing the high and low price along with the difference of the first bar within the timeframe that it is? i would want to add this on my chart on the upper left corner. i have the below script as an example, but this looks for the previous bar. I want something similar but to display first bar of the day regardless what time of the day.

# dummy label
AddLabel(1," ",color.black);

AddLabel(1,"High: " + High[1],color.white);
AddLabel(1,"Low: " + Low[1], color.white);
AddLabel(1,"High - Low: " + (High[1] - Low[1]),color.green);

@om4
1W7fUwx.png

Code:
input Start_Bar_Time = 0000;

def Var2 = If secondsFromTime(Start_Bar_Time)==(GetAggregationPeriod()/1000) then high[1] else Var2[1];
def Var3 = If secondsFromTime(Start_Bar_Time)==(GetAggregationPeriod()/1000) then low[1] else Var3[1];
def Var4 = AbsValue(Var2 - high);
def Var5 = AbsValue(Var3 - low);

AddLabel(yes,"Absolute Value of Difference Between Start Bar High ("+Var2+") and Current High ("+high+"): "+Var4,color.WHITE);
AddLabel(yes,"Absolute Value of Difference Between Start Bar Low ("+Var3+") and Current Low ("+low+"): "+Var5,color.WHITE);

Last edited:

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

@om4
1W7fUwx.png

Code:

def Var2 = If secondsFromTime(Start_Bar_Time)==(GetAggregationPeriod()/1000) then high[1] else Var2[1];
def Var3 = If secondsFromTime(Start_Bar_Time)==(GetAggregationPeriod()/1000) then low[1] else Var3[1];
def Var4 = AbsValue(Var2 - high);
def Var5 = AbsValue(Var3 - low);

AddLabel(yes,"Absolure Value of Difference Between Start Bar High ("+Var2+") and Current High ("+high+"): "+Var4,color.WHITE);
AddLabel(yes,"Absolure Value of Difference Between Start Bar Low ("+Var3+") and Current Low ("+low+"): "+Var5,color.WHITE);
thank you for the quick reply but i might have not explained myself correctly. the code i'm looking for is to only label the 1st bar. showing the high price, the low price, and the difference between the first bar high and low.

1xkMqVa.png

Code:

def Var4 = AbsValue(Var2 - Var3);

AddLabel(yes,"Absolute Value of Difference Between Start Bar High ("+Var2+") and Start Bar Low ("+Var3+"): "+Var4,color.WHITE);

Last edited:
1xkMqVa.png

Code:

AddLabel(yes,"Absolute Value of Difference Between Start Bar High ("+Var2+") and Start Bar Low ("+Var3+"): "+Var4,color.WHITE);
i combined your script with another script i have and wanted to see if you could add 1 more label to complete what i need.

below script looks for high and low of 1st bar and the difference...the 2nd portion of the script looks for the previous bar high and low along with the difference.

i need to add a label that does the following equation: (difference of previous bar / difference of 1st bar) * 100

input Start_Bar_Time = 0930;

AddLabel(yes,"First Bar High "+Var2+" Low "+Var3+": "+Var4,color.white);

# dummy label

AddLabel(1,"High - Low: " + (High[1] - Low[1]),color.white);;

@om4
Code:
input Start_Bar_Time = 0930;

AddLabel(yes,"First Bar High "+Var2+" Low "+Var3+": "+Var4,color.white);

def Var5 = high[1]-low[1];
def Var6 = (Var5/Var4)*100;

# dummy label

AddLabel(1,"High - Low: " + (High[1] - Low[1]),color.white);

AddLabel(yes,"(difference of previous bar / difference of 1st bar) * 100 =  "+Round(Var6,1)+"%",color.white);

Reactions: om4