Countdown Clock to bar close in ThinkorSwim?

anycolour

Hey guys. I've been using tick charts and I like that it tells you how many ticks have passed in the formation of a new 1k tick candle (you can count how many are left until a new candle forms). In the attached screenshot, it says 960, that means 960 trades/ticks have been made in that candle (meaning 40 remain to fully form that candle, and then a new candle will be formed with another 1k ticks/trades).

I want to do that with the 5m chart (time chart, not tick).
Is there an indicator that could tell me the remaining minutes and seconds until the formation of a new 5m candle? A countdown for the formation of 5 minute candles. Thank you!

bUTSDS9.jpg

Attachments

• bUTSDS9.jpg
    bUTSDS9.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 560
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,

I am trying to add the 1 minute display count on the last current candle from my chart but I am getting the error on this line

def bars = BarNumber() - HighestAll(if SecondsFromTime(0) < 60, BarNumber());

Here is my script that I am working on:

input aggregationPeriod = AggregationPeriod.MIN;

def bars = BarNumber() - HighestAll(if SecondsFromTime(0) < 60, BarNumber());

plot count = if GetAggregationPeriod() == aggregationPeriod then bars else Double.NaN;
count.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.VALUES_ABOVE);
count.AssignValueColor(Color.WHITE);

Anyone can see if there is anything wrong with the script?

Here is a countdown timer workaround that may help you.

Create a grid. See the example of one in the image below.

Set chart timeframe to 1 minute... input aggregation you want to time... time will countdown in whole minutes (sorry, as I have advised you before, no seconds are possible at this time)... the final minute will appear in red. There is an option if you want a sound alert when the timer changes.

Put the script in the bottom right cell of the grid. Hide the price graph for that cell in chart setttings.

The image shows a 5min chart to be counted down. The time is at 11:16:59. The timer in the lower right cell of the grid shows 4 in color.white. When there is one minute left, it will turn color.red.
Screenshot-2023-03-23-144825.png
Code:
#Bar Minute Timer
#Set chart timeframe to 1 minute... input aggregation you want to time... time will countdown in whole minutes (sorry no seconds are possible at this time)... the final minute will appear in red
declare lower;
HidePricePlot();
input aggregation = 5;
input showverticalline = no;
input begin   = 0930;
input end     = 1600;
def bar       = if SecondsTillTime(begin) == 0 and
                   SecondsFromTime(begin) == 0
                then 0
                else bar[1] + 1;
AddVerticalLine(if showverticalline and GetDay() == GetLastDay() and SecondsFromTime(begin) >= 0
                then bar % ((Ceil(aggregation)) / (GetAggregationPeriod() / 60000)) == 0
                else Double.NaN,
                color = Color.BLUE, stroke = Curve.FIRM);

def start = if GetDay() == GetLastDay() and SecondsFromTime(begin) >= 0
                then aggregation - bar % ((Ceil(aggregation) * 1))
                else start[1];
input bubblemover = -1;
def x  = bubblemover;
def x1 = x + 1;
AddChartBubble(!IsNaN(close[x1]) and IsNaN(close[x]), 0, " \n" + start[x1] + " \n  ", if start[x1] > 1 then Color.WHITE else Color.RED );
AddLabel(!IsNaN(close[x1]) and IsNaN(close[x]), start[x1], if start[x1] > 1 then Color.WHITE else Color.RED );

input usealert = no;
Alert(usealert and start == aggregation, "", Alert.BAR, Sound.Chimes);

Here is a countdown timer workaround that may help you.

Create a grid. See the example of one in the image below.

Set chart timeframe to 1 minute... input aggregation you want to time... time will countdown in whole minutes (sorry, as I have advised you before, no seconds are possible at this time)... the final minute will appear in red. There is an option if you want a sound alert when the timer changes.

Put the script in the bottom right cell of the grid. Hide the price graph for that cell in chart setttings.

The image shows a 5min chart to be counted down. The time is at 11:16:59. The timer in the lower right cell of the grid shows 4 in color.white. When there is one minute left, it will turn color.red.
It's great !!! , thank you very much, if you find a way to have a countdown of 1 minute either expressed in numbers or visually it will be a genius for us scalper, thanks for your contribution

Hi I’m looking for a count down that sounds an alarm in 20 minute intervals. If anyone can assist
I've been using a script that does that for any interval. It uses the built in TOS sounds...just don't use the "Chimes" sound. Thats the sound when you get a fill. It scares the crap out of me.lol.

It also plots a vertical line, and send you alert message.

It is based on this post:
https://usethinkscript.com/threads/...-close-in-thinkorswim.1056/page-2#post-102971

Code:
# bar timer adds a vertical line 1 min before the interval_In_Minutes in minutes elapses
input StartTime = 0930;
input Interval_In_Minutes = 30;
def AftrStartTime = SecondsFromTime(StartTime - 1) > 59;
def StartPoint = !AftrStartTime[1] and AftrStartTime;
def MinutesGoneBy = if AftrStartTime then SecondsFromTime(StartTime) / 60 else 0;
def IntervalPast = if AftrStartTime then
RoundDown(MinutesGoneBy / Interval_In_Minutes, 0) else 0;
def IntervalPoint = IntervalPast > IntervalPast[1];
rec MinutesPastInterval = if IntervalPoint or StartPoint then 0 else
MinutesPastInterval[1] + 1;
AddVerticalLine( IntervalPoint , Interval_In_Minutes + " min", Color.GRAY, curve.SHORT_DASH);
Alert(IntervalPoint == 1, " ", Alert.BAR, Sound.Chimes);

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-05-18 at 3.21.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-05-18 at 3.21.09 PM.png
    28.2 KB · Views: 274
  • Screen Shot 2023-05-18 at 3.22.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-05-18 at 3.22.38 PM.png
    26.7 KB · Views: 283
Last edited by a moderator:

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.