converting a scan to watchlist and continue updating

hockeycoachdoug

2019 Donor
VIP
I know how to make a scan, then actually run the scan, then save the scan query, then save the scan as a watchlist. I got all that so far, but I was under the impression that if you leave a watchlist open on the left side of the screen, it will update periodically as the scan fires off new symbols that meet the scan criteria. That doesn't seem to be the case. The watchlist of stocks stays static and no new symbols add or subtract. What am I missing, or do I need to reun the scan and resave it as a watchlist?

rad14733

VIP
@hockeycoachdoug Your description works fine for me every day... The crux of it is how you save the scan... For it to work you need to goto Save scan query as pictured below... Then you select that scan query as the feed for your Watchlist and the Watchlist will update every 3 - 7 minutes... If you are using Save as watchlist you only get static results...

Save scan query - Updates
wnKSJIN.png

Save as watchlist - Doesn't Update
zPzv2Po.png

Buck

VIP
@hockeycoachdoug Your description works fine for me every day... The crux of it is how you save the scan... For it to work you need to goto Save scan query as pictured below... Then you select that scan query as the feed for your Watchlist and the Watchlist will update every 3 - 7 minutes... If you are using Save as watchlist you only get static results...

wnKSJIN.png

zPzv2Po.png
My watchlists all show zeros when I load them. I must be something wrong buy can't figure it out.

MKToronto

wnKSJIN.png

zPzv2Po.png
Hi : I have a similar scan set up and the watchlist. The new symbols popup wen the scan conditions are met. However, some of the previous symbols disappear during the day. Is there a way that all symbols generated by the scan (new or old)stay in the daily watch list? Thanks for your insights in advance. Regards

rad14733

VIP
@MKToronto We have no way of telling the scanner when symbols should be added or removed from the scan results watchlist, just as we have no way of controlling the alerts other than when to remove the alert and whether or not to receive alerts during regular trading hours and/or extended hours... The only viable option would be to make adjustments to the number of bars to look back... I just did this with a scan I am experimenting with that looks at both Day and Hour and set it to look back 2 Days for one criteria and 7 Hours for another... I will make adjustments from there to suit my needs...

MKToronto

@MKToronto We have no way of telling the scanner when symbols should be added or removed from the scan results watchlist, just as we have no way of controlling the alerts other than when to remove the alert and whether or not to receive alerts during regular trading hours and/or extended hours... The only viable option would be to make adjustments to the number of bars to look back... I just did this with a scan I am experimenting with that looks at both Day and Hour and set it to look back 2 Days for one criteria and 7 Hours for another... I will make adjustments from there to suit my needs...
Thank you Sir