Conditionally hide an entire study?

T

Tweak155

Hello, new to the forum. I've been learning everything I can about scripting, and this site seemed like a great resource.

I've tried searching here and other places, but I can't seem to find a way to do what I'm looking for, so it may not be possible.

Is it possible to hide an entire study based on a condition? I know you can hide individual plots, but this would be tedious when you want to hide all of them in a single study. I will use that approach if it is the only option, however.

Also as a bonus question, is it possible to show only a bubble for a plot, and not the plot line? When I turn off the plot, it automatically hides the bubble as well. Any way around that?

Thanks for the help guys.

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
As far as I can tell, you can hide an entire upper study using conditions like declare hide_on_intraday; and declare hide_on_daily;

T

Tweak155

As far as I can tell, you can hide an entire upper study using conditions like declare hide_on_intraday; and declare hide_on_daily;
Thanks for the extremely fast response. I don't think this would work in my case however, so maybe I'll give a brief description of what I'm trying to achieve.

In short, I want to hide the studies I used to take a position once I've taken the position.

def pos = GetAveragePrice();

if pos > 0 then {Study.Hide()} else {Study.Show()}

When I think about how plots work, it makes sense that there may be no way to do this at a study level, but thought I'd check.