Boolean arrows

D

dinodotcom

VIP
I am wondering if there is someone out there that can help me do a scan for any study that uses Boolean arrows. I have a few studies that will indicate Boolean arrows that I would like to run scans to see if the arrows are present. I am looking for the generic think script code that I can use. Any help is much appreciated.

D

dinodotcom

VIP
@markos , thanks I have been to that thread previously. This collection of information is truley a treasure trove. I have reviewed the information there and I have not really been able to find anything that has been able to point me in the correct direction of scanning for Boolean arrows. However, that very well could be that there is just so much information to parse thru. I was hoping to have someone in the forum that may have had experience in this area previously to at least get me into the correct neighborhood.

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
Warehouse
@dinodotcom Are you looking for new indicators that use boolean to plot arrows? Or are you looking to scan for signals from your indicators?

D

dinodotcom

VIP
@BenTen I am looking to scan for signals from my indicators. I have some studies that will paint up or down arrows. I am looking to find code that I am able to customize to scan for these arrows.

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
Warehouse
Switch over to the Scan tab > Add new Study filter > Click on the pencil icon to edit the settings that ThinkorSwim gave you by default (you should delete whatever conditions they gave you).

Click on Add condition > Under Select a condition pick the name of your indicator > Under plot pick whatever signals you're looking to scan (there are 4 of them: warning signals (2) and confirmed signals (2)].

Adjust the lookback period (within X amount of bars). Don't forget to adjust the timeframe, by default it's set to Daily (D).

D

dinodotcom

VIP
@BenTen I suppose at this point it would help to give a specific situation that I am attempting to scan results. I am attempting to scan for up or down arrows for John Elhers MAMA study http://tos.mx/3jFisP. However, I get the complex exception message. This cannot be too much different than the reversal script scan that is posted here in the forum I would think?

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
Warehouse
@dinodotcom Try scanning for only one type of signal at a time.

D

dinodotcom

VIP
@BenTen , Thank you for your help. Yes I am only scanning one signal.

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
Warehouse
@dinodotcom I'm seeing this error:

com.devexperts.tos.thinkscript.runtime.TooComplexException: The complexity of the expression suggests that it may not be reliable with real-time data.
I assumed you got the same thing. Looking at the source code of this indicator it is indeed complicated. I'm not sure how you can fix it. Hopefully someone can help. 😩

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Questions 7
Shinthus Questions 13