Auto Pivot Points Support & Resistance Indicator for ThinkorSwim

A

adii800

I have used this for a few months and this study is absolutely amazing. In fact, as I was typing this up I took a look at /ES and spotted a wedge pattern and was able to make 15 points, $750 on one contract solely waiting for a full down bar below the pivot lows and a pullback up to it!

Before:

After:

(both pics were taken live, as you can see the scroll bar, you cannot scroll up any further :))
What I want is for the study to show me previous pivots as well, this is beneficial for creating back testable automated strategies!
This is what I mean:

In order for the indicator to do its job, I realize it has to update its pivots but I think it would be very insightful for change in trend direction seeing the progression of the lines.

Hence, is there any way to make the previous pivots paint along with the current one and some setting that shows an 'n' number of lines.
I would love any help on this.

Just to one again emphasize the amazingness of this indicator to identify setups here is another live descending traingle 5 point - $250 move I was able to take thanks to this:

Just to reiterate, I want to keep the 'n' previous pivot lines. maybe even a set number like 4 or 5 previous pivots. Instead of repainting for every pair or 2 pairs of pivots. Was able to surpass my goal just typing this up, 35 points = $1750 on two contracts on ES, love this indicator!

Thanks in advance! :)

Last edited:
R

RedToGreen

Just to reiterate, I want to keep the 'n' previous pivot lines. maybe even a set number like 4 or 5 previous pivots. Instead of repainting for every pair or 2 pairs of pivots. Was able to surpass my goal just typing this up, 35 points = $1750 on two contracts on ES, love this indicator!
(y)

I just found this and am really liking it.

Just curious, what n settings are you using, default 21 and what time frame? Your chart looks like a tick chart

Thanks

Ah..I see the settings (21) on your SS

A

adii800

@RedToGreen Haha there seems to be some confusion, The white "Projection Pivots n:21"label in the upper left corner of my screen and the 'n' I referenced in my above request share no correlation. By using the letter 'n' I just meant to convey the idea of letting the user choose any number of pivots that one could enter as an input.
Poor word choice on my part lol.

As for my time frame, it is an 8 Range chart on the /ES, I find many tradable patterns on it daily. You can switch to this by navigating to the button that says "time frame setup" when you hover on it (it is sandwiched between "Style" and the gear icon. Click Time Frame -> Range and adjust the slider or input 8 with your desired number of days.

Last edited:
S

Script88

Question: the price (close or low) of the trough from the last bar?

I use the following thinkscript to define a trough as a low point lower than the 4 lows on either side

def trough = low < lowest(low[1], 4) and low < lowest(low[-4], 4);

I need to get the price (close or low) of the trough from the last bar. Could you help me with a thinkscript?

Thanks!

Last edited:
U

ukd1506

Hello Ben, I have loaded this as you shown in video, but what's are this 2 Red & Green lines? what do they man?

K

K_O_Trader

@BenTen does this repaint? or does it paint 5 to 10 mintues later?

rad14733

rad14733

VIP
@BenTen does this repaint? or does it paint 5 to 10 mintues later?
That depends on the market... I've seen repainting within seconds as well as a half hour or more later... Just depends on the indicator, the market, and the specific instrument being traded...

rad14733

rad14733

VIP
What timeframes are you guys using with this script?
When running time-based I use 3 & 5 minutes... For Renko Bars I use either ATR or 2 - 5 ticks... The locked in lower tick counts would be for Options when ATR is too high... I primarily scalp/day trade and watch the underlying to determine trade setup and then the option for entry and exit...

This is only one of many Studies/Strategies I monitor for trades with... It's amazing how different trade patterns are between different trade strategies... Recently I have been monitoring NIO using multiple Studies in an effort to pinpoint which performs best with such a volatile equity...

R

RedToGreen

I am not an expert coder but can usually manipulate code to suit my needs. Having said that, I combined this study into Mobius' Fractal Script. Parts of it are perhaps redundant so if anyone can consolidate, that would be great

basically what this adds is additional pivot points(Fractal Script)

Here is the tos code
http://tos.mx/oxs3lR7

T

tt835w

Hey guys, is it possible to convert the original script to TradingView pine script?

S

scalper81

VIP
I have used this for a few months and this study is absolutely amazing. In fact, as I was typing this up I took a look at /ES and spotted a wedge pattern and was able to make 15 points, $750 on one contract solely waiting for a full down bar below the pivot lows and a pullback up to it!

Before:

After:

(both pics were taken live, as you can see the scroll bar, you cannot scroll up any further :))
What I want is for the study to show me previous pivots as well, this is beneficial for creating back testable automated strategies!
This is what I mean:

In order for the indicator to do its job, I realize it has to update its pivots but I think it would be very insightful for change in trend direction seeing the progression of the lines.

Hence, is there any way to make the previous pivots paint along with the current one and some setting that shows an 'n' number of lines.

Just to one again emphasize the amazingness of this indicator to identify setups here is another live descending traingle 5 point - $250 move I was able to take thanks to this:

I would like to have this exact same feature that you are looking for where the pivot and trend lines get persisted in the chart. I actually bought this exact same indicator from PatternSmart. 😋

C

Chadnash

VIP

Before:

After:

This is what I mean:

You’re us wing the original script posted in this thread or which one?

B

Bruce lee

Hi, can you make an automatic support resistance line when for example, a choice of 500% volume change in the Ask on L2 on $540.55, would plot a line on 540.55, so we know we wouldn't buy, because of a wall of sellers. Vice versa for shorts. Thanks

A

ashfordtrader

@jrchezz For some reason the lines do not show up for me. Can you please post the TOS link to this script? Appreciate it.

SpyHunter

SpyHunter

Hello, does anyone know of a good Pivot/Point based Buy/Sell Indicator? For example, as price move up supported by a pivot that might indicate a buy condition. Thank you.

wtf_dude

wtf_dude

Hello, does anyone know of a good Pivot/Point based Buy/Sell Indicator? For example, as price move up supported by a pivot that might indicate a buy condition. Thank you.
Pivot seems to have two main pov's. The one based on just support and resistance of prices (the horizontal lines) and then there's the william o' neal pivots which are based more on moving averages and gaps (pocket pivots, etc). Which one are you referring to?