Assign value color to watchlist column field?

R

Rider

I want to assign value colors on my watch list. I am looking at the 50 day volume percent change and 50 day price percent change and assigning a color based on the value being a positive or negative percent. Here is the script that I have so far. The problem seems to be on the last line of script. I need to add a word or something in front of the AssignValueColor. Here is the script.

Code:
input length = 50;
def vol = volume;
def volAvg = Average( volume, length );
def volPctChg = 100 * ( vol - volAvg ) / volAvg;
plot VolumePercentChange = Round( volPctChg, 0 );

input lookback = 50;
def price = close;
def priceAvg = Average( price, length );
def pricePctChg = 100 * ( price - priceAvg ) / priceAvg;
plot pricePercentChange = Round( pricePctChg, 0 );

AssignVallueColor (if pricePctChg >=1 and volPctChg <= 1 then color.Yellow else color.White);

rad14733

rad14733

VIP
Here is an example... I didn't verify your logic...

pricePercentChange.AssignValueColor(if pricePctChg >=1 and volPctChg <= 1 then color.Yellow else color.White);

R

Rider

The line of script you wrote worked. However, it now says "Exactly one plot expected"
Any suggestions?

rad14733

rad14733

VIP
Post your current code and we'll take a look...

Edited to add: The following code works for me...

Code:
input length = 50;
def vol = volume;
def volAvg = Average( volume, length );
def volPctChg = 100 * ( vol - volAvg ) / volAvg;
plot VolumePercentChange = Round( volPctChg, 0 );

input lookback = 50;
def price = close;
def priceAvg = Average( price, length );
def pricePctChg = 100 * ( price - priceAvg ) / priceAvg;
plot pricePercentChange = Round( pricePctChg, 0 );

pricePercentChange.AssignValueColor(if pricePctChg >=1 and volPctChg <= 1 then color.Yellow else color.White);

Last edited:
MerryDay

MerryDay

VIP
@rad14733 He is doing a Watchlist. Watchlists by definition can only plot one item. The VolumePercentChange or pricePercentChange.
Seeing as he is assigning the color value to pricePercentChange, I am assuming that is the number he wants to see. Therefore he needs to change the plot before VolumePercentChange to def

R

Rider

Works! I changed one of the plots to a def. as suggested. Thank you.

rad14733

rad14733

VIP
@rad14733 He is doing a Watchlist. Watchlists by definition can only plot one item. The VolumePercentChange or pricePercentChange.
Seeing as he is assigning the color value to pricePercentChange, I am assuming that is the number he wants to see. Therefore he needs to change the plot before VolumePercentChange to def
True... Forgot he wanted this for a Watchlist rather than on a chart, which is where I tested...