Accessing Seconds from 1min Chart

StockT8er

StockT8er

VIP
Also if you Buy when it does and Sell when it does, you will make close to what it does. I have done more than a strategy at times and less at other times. Mostly depends on the false signals, and what you do when they show. This strategy I'm hoping because it has more bars in a min, If I even wait till the next bar after the buy signal to confirm, it's not too long of a time and will still make most of what the strategy does. I'll let you know after real time testing.

StockT8er

StockT8er

VIP
@MattATM Why does this seam to only work on TSLA, I mean the strategy
Paper Trading does not work so good in the Tick Chart Time. To much delay, a few bars pass after signals.
Reg Trading Bars signals OK. Just going to be harder to test live, specialty with TSLA being the only stock I can get i to work on

Change lines
51 def min = Floor(SecondsFromTime(start) / AggregationPeriod.MIN);
52 def till = SecondsTillTime(end) / AggregationPeriod.MIN;
Then this strategy works on min charts

Last edited:
MattATM

MattATM

VIP
@MattATM Why does this seam to only work on TSLA, I mean the strategy
Paper Trading does not work so good in the Tick Chart Time. To much delay, a few bars pass after signals.
Reg Trading Bars signals OK. Just going to be harder to test live, specialty with TSLA being the only stock I can get i to work on

Change lines
51 def min = Floor(SecondsFromTime(start) / AggregationPeriod.MIN);
52 def till = SecondsTillTime(end) / AggregationPeriod.MIN;
Then this strategy works on min charts
@StockT8er I will look into it tomorrow sir...
Since you brought it up I suspect since the last FED meeting that the meaningful volume in the market is crazy low. I may be biased in this because I tried to close some options contracts today that increased in value considerably. It take over 30 minutes to close and some never closed!!! I think we are hanging in mid air even in tesla! So maybe what you are seeing is real and not a mistake????

I will try to work on this tomorrow. I am way behind.
Edit: I am not bearish or bullish in general we could see the president pump the markets but I mean since the FED basically said nobody do anything exchanges just slumped a little but from watching price movement don't you feel like volume is actually lower than it appears?

azakusa

azakusa

Hi Evenevens.

Was looking through some of posts on this site hoping to find a script that allows me to enter at market at a fixed $ value using hotkeys, and came across this thread. I am totally new here, so please forgive my forwardness.

If you dont mind me asking, what is this grey box you have here (upper left) showing the $risk, $stop and # of shares? Are these values something that constantly update in realtime as the price moves? Man this would save me a LOT of time, compared to plugging the share price into a separate spreadsheet to find number of shares then going back to active trader to enter share numbers.

Is this script available somewhere, or can you share it by chance?

Thanks,

Aza

evanevans

evanevans

Hi Evenevens.

Was looking through some of posts on this site hoping to find a script that allows me to enter at market at a fixed $ value using hotkeys, and came across this thread. I am totally new here, so please forgive my forwardness.

If you dont mind me asking, what is this grey box you have here (upper left) showing the $risk, $stop and # of shares? Are these values something that constantly update in realtime as the price moves? Man this would save me a LOT of time, compared to plugging the share price into a separate spreadsheet to find number of shares then going back to active trader to enter share numbers.

Is this script available somewhere, or can you share it by chance?

Thanks,

Aza
Hi Azakusa,
Yes, they do update in realtime. Although since a latest update of TOS, all my labels are not showing. Not sure why. And yes, there is somewhere here on this site, where I got that script. I may have slightly enhanced it, but it's here on UseThinkScript somewhere.

MattATM

MattATM

VIP
@MattATM Having looked back at this move that you reference, it stopped at precisely 3x daily ATR from the open. Also, it was almost precisely a 150% move down from the prev days lowest point based on the previous day's range. On the monthly volume profile on a daily chart it was very close to the value area high before the break higher on 8/26. Could be some other things but I think it was several these factors on the higher time frames that all converged together and played a role in its support.

edit: another thing, $TICKs were at the most extreme down to almost -1700, once that let off, $VOLD, $ADD, and the -VIX all started to stall then ease up

@Welkin If you still have this chart could you share it? I just emailed you constant_VWAP_for_welkin for your review. You should have my email from this message.
I am still not certain what to do for coloring this constant Volume. Maybe ATR 3.0 maybe look for a concentration of some type of Support & Resistance level? IDK? No need to make it Green or Red just say VolumeS&R or VolumeOpen

Welkin

Welkin

VIP
@Welkin If you still have this chart could you share it? I just emailed you constant_VWAP_for_welkin for your review. You should have my email from this message.
I am still not certain what to do for coloring this constant Volume. Maybe ATR 3.0 maybe look for a concentration of some type of Support & Resistance level? IDK? No need to make it Green or Red just say VolumeS&R or VolumeOpen
you've got mail!