9, 50, 100, 200 EMA On The Daily Chart Price Interaction

crscrs85

Can someone write me a scan that looks for the high/low of bars on a one minute chart coming within .03 of a daily 9, 50, 100, and 200 EMA; and have it scan pre/post market as well as regular trading hours?

I built this using the wiz. I dont know what to change the "crosses" to so that it comes within .03 cents and I dont know how to make sure its using daily EMA's and 1minute bars.

Thanks

high crosses MovAvgExponential()."AvgExp" within 2 bars or
low crosses MovAvgExponential()."AvgExp" within 2 bars or

high crosses MovAvgExponential("length" = 50)."AvgExp" within 2 bars or
low crosses MovAvgExponential("length" = 50)."AvgExp" within 2 bars or

high crosses MovAvgExponential("length" = 100)."AvgExp" within 2 bars or
low crosses MovAvgExponential("length" = 100)."AvgExp" within 2 bars or

high crosses MovAvgExponential("length" = 200)."AvgExp" within 2 bars or
low crosses MovAvgExponential("length" = 200)."AvgExp" within 2 bars

The ToS platform only allows one timeframe per filter.
You scan for daily crosses
and then filter on crosses that occur on the minute chart.

but the ToS platform does not provide the ability to scan: "daily EMA's and 1minute bars."

My worry was the scan wouldnt pick up on the cross until the bar closed, therefore i wanted to indicate 1 minute bars. What should I change "crosses" to?

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Can someone write me a scan that looks for the high/low of bars on a one minute chart coming within .03 of a daily 9, 50, 100, and 200 EMA; and have it scan pre/post market as well as regular trading hours?

I built this using the wiz. I dont know what to change the "crosses" to so that it comes within .03 cents and I dont know how to make sure its using daily EMA's and 1minute bars.

Thanks

low...

Thanks

but the ToS platform does not provide the ability to scan: "daily EMA's and 1minute bars."

Thats fine. My worry was the scan wouldnt pick up on the cross until the bar closed, therefore i wanted to indicate 1 minute bars. What should I change "crosses" to?
You are correct. The scan will not pick up the cross until after the bar has closed.
As previously stated, you cannot "indicate 1 minute bars" on a daily timeframe.

Last edited:
Solution

You are correct. The scan will not pick up the cross until after the bar has closed.
As previously stated, you cannot "indicate 1 minute bars" on a daily timeframe.
No I bet there is a way to do it

Can anyone write a code that scans for the high/low of candles on a one-minute chart coming within .03 cents of daily moving averages with a input that allows using both EMA or/and SMA and has a input for MA length?

Thanks

My worry was the scan wouldnt pick up on the cross until the bar closed, therefore i wanted to indicate 1 minute bars. What should I change "crosses" to?

i can't help with scanning for 1 data time on a different chart time,
but here are 2 formulas for checking if price is 'near' an average. tolerance is some dollar amount.

check if candle closed within a range , average +- a tolerance.
def b = if (close > (average - tolerance) and close < (average + tolerance) then 1 else 0;

check if any part of the candle is within a range,
def b = if (high > (average - tolerance) and low < (average + tolerance) then 1 else 0;

---------------------

here is a study for testing various 'near' parameters
https://usethinkscript.com/threads/check-if-price-is-near-an-average.14499/

---------------------

other studies, is price near a signal?
https://usethinkscript.com/threads/scan-for-price-touching-moving-average-in-thinkorswim.1214/
https://usethinkscript.com/threads/scan-for-stock-trading-near-high-low-within-a-price-range.12037/

slightly different, are x averages close together?
https://usethinkscript.com/threads/find-when-2-to-5-averages-are-close-together-within-x.14187/

i can't help with scanning for 1 data time on a different chart time,
but here are 2 formulas for checking if price is 'near' an average. tolerance is some dollar amount.

check if candle closed within a range , average +- a tolerance.
def b = if (close > (average - tolerance) and close < (average + tolerance) then 1 else 0;

check if any part of the candle is within a range,
def b = if (high > (average - tolerance) and low < (average + tolerance) then 1 else 0;

---------------------

here is a study for testing various 'near' parameters
https://usethinkscript.com/threads/check-if-price-is-near-an-average.14499/

---------------------

other studies, is price near a signal?
https://usethinkscript.com/threads/scan-for-price-touching-moving-average-in-thinkorswim.1214/
https://usethinkscript.com/threads/scan-for-stock-trading-near-high-low-within-a-price-range.12037/

slightly different, are x averages close together?
https://usethinkscript.com/threads/find-when-2-to-5-averages-are-close-together-within-x.
https://usethinkscript.com/threads/find-when-2-to-5-averages-are-close-together-within-x.14187/
Thanks, ill take a look at them.
I came across these as well but will need some time to play around with it to make sure it works proper. Basically the end game is to be notified immediately in real time when price gets close to daily Exp. moving averages. I dont care if its taking data off the 1 minute chart or not. I only specified 1 minute chart because i was under the assumption the data wouldnt count as a positive scan until the candle closed.

input length = 200;

input tolerance = .03;

def ema200 = expAverage(close, length);

def priceDiff = AbsValue(close - ema200);

def nearEMA = if priceDiff <= tolerance then 1 else 0;

plot scan = nearEma;

input length = 200;

def ema200 = ExpAverage(close, length);

def highCross = if high > ema200 and high[1] <= ema200[1] then 1 else 0;

def lowcross = if low < ema200 and low[1] >= ema200[1] then 1 else 0;

plot scan = highcross or lowcross;

Last edited:

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.