10X Bars-Momentum & Conviction-Need help on Conviction (volume above average)

cbfenner

Hi all-

I have the 10X bars on my TOS charts but am trying to get the light blue dots on the bars. The dots should appear when volume is 50% over the 20 bar average volume. This is what JC considers CONVICTION. Does anyone have a script for this? I'm spinning my wheels as I am not very good with thinkscript. I have a screenshot to double check the script.

As always, thanks. It takes a village......

Cindy

generic

@cbfenner Not sure what 10x bar is but this will plot dots if volume is greater than 1.5.
Code:
plot dots = if volume > 1.5 * Average(volume, 20) then close else Double.NaN;
dots.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.BOOLEAN_POINTS);

cbfenner

@cbfenner Not sure what 10x bar is but this will plot dots if volume is greater than 1.5.
Code:
plot dots = if volume > 1.5 * Average(volume, 20) then close else Double.NaN;
dots.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.BOOLEAN_POINTS);
THANKS! I think that works. Will double check in the morning after my coffee. : ) 10X bars are something that John Carter uses at Simpler Trading. The candles change colors from red to yellow to green to show changes in momentum. Then these dots will help show "conviction" as there is higher volume in addition to momentum.

URA

VIP
Hi all-

I have the 10X bars on my TOS charts but am trying to get the light blue dots on the bars. The dots should appear when volume is 50% over the 20 bar average volume. This is what JC considers CONVICTION. Does anyone have a script for this? I'm spinning my wheels as I am not very good with thinkscript. I have a screenshot to double check the script.

As always, thanks. It takes a village......

Cindy
if you dont mind , can you please share the script for 10x bars?

Slippage

I think someone already posted the complete 10x bars in this site somewhere. I only wanted the volume dot from it so I stole that part. This is what I use.

Ruby:
input volumeOscThreshold = 0.7;
def volumeOsc = reference VolumeOsc("fast length" = 1, "slow length" = 20, "diff type" = "percent");
plot VolumeSpike = volumeOsc > volumeOscThreshold;
VolumeSpike.SetDefaultColor(Color.CYAN);
VolumeSpike.SetLineWeight(3);
VolumeSpike.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.BOOLEAN_POINTS);
VolumeSpike.HideBubble();
VolumeSpike.HideTitle();